1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best CMS for reservations online

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by sodef, Dec 27, 2013.

Hello,

I am developing a reservation website for my family business and am having difficulty deciding on which platform to use. I will be personally developing and maintaining upkeep of this website and I am pretty fluent in programming languages. Mostly Java though and I would prefer it if I had to use the least amount of PHP as that would require me to learn something new.

I did some research and found one extension to the Mangeto line of products. "Aheadworks Booking and Reservations". I cannot post the link here as I think that violates rules but should you wish to search it up to further assist me on this problem that would be very helpful.

I come from a Wordpress background so using Magento would involve a learning curve for me. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

sodef, Dec 27, 2013 IP
  2. sash_007

sash_007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    have u checked wordpress plugin directory ?
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/reservation-plugin

sash_007, Dec 31, 2013 IP
  3. dexterc

dexterc Member

Best Answers:
    You can check out sites like Templatic and InkThemes. They offer some Premium WordPress Themes for Bookings and Reservations which may be useful to you.

dexterc, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  4. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its good that that you are from WordPress background, so why dont you try checking some wordpress themes itself.

karen9999, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  5. John Michael

John Michael Member

Best Answers:
    You can start your project in wordpress . Because its easy to build your website. You can download wordpress form the url wordpress.org.
    In wordpress alot of free plugins for buss0innes.

John Michael, Jan 8, 2014 IP
  6. rakesh kumar

rakesh kumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Even Themeforest have some booking system plugins. Just go ahead and check these resservation plugins

rakesh kumar, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  7. magdev

magdev Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes ,learning Magento takes some time but for the long run, its worth effort to get good knowledeg in it if you are doing online business. Regarding booking extension in Magento, Aheadworks one is also good but FMEExtensions Reservation module has many more features as part of a booking engine, check that as well.

magdev, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  8. dieterP2

dieterP2 Member

Best Answers:
    I w'll take wordpress , they have a great plugin directory . If you need a good reservation script use codecanyon and search there

dieterP2, Feb 13, 2014 IP
  9. Tabish Naeem

Tabish Naeem Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm assuming yours is either a hotel booking website.

You can easily use a Wordpress plugin or a Magento module to get the website up and running however there will be issues. Booking websites involve a lot of APIs to be integrated in your website as well as custom functionality. With the after market plugins you will eventually hit a brick wall and will be left with three choices:

1. Customise the existing plugin, then SQA and so on.
    2. Develop a custom plugin developed. This one's going to be a constant endeavour and a long process and your most likely stuck with your developer for a long time.
    3. The BEST OPTION: Get your application custom developed with an admin panel tailored precisely to your requirements. Hire a good developer or devIY to make sure it's reliable, robust, secure and above all scalable. You can always use JSP to develop the web application.

Tabish Naeem, Feb 14, 2014 IP
  10. myWPx

myWPx Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is definitely the way to go! You say you come for a "Wordpress" background... are you planning on switching to something else? Wordpress is the most awesome CMS out there, there is plugins for just about anything, and the custom post type feature makes it possible to add extra features easily.

myWPx, Feb 16, 2014 IP