1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best CMS for these type sites

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Xphic, Jan 23, 2008.

I wanna make a site like, gamespot, ign, 1up

and etc

I wanna make a site like that but only devoted to walkthrough, Like user will write and can see walkthrough. I am still thinking of the design, but I thought it would be a good idea to find a good cms.

What I was hoping for was a way to customize Wordpress CMS, because I have seen some crazy stuff done with it. But I am open to other CMS ideas

Xphic, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  2. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is good but you can't go wrong if you start here instead. Far more options to work with.

Clive, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  3. Xphic

Xphic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Clive, I had forgot about this thread, the only reason I put up WP is because it is easy to understand, for an example user will be writing everything, so they can just login into wordpress and write their review

Xphic, Feb 6, 2008 IP
  4. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    I see your point which is a good one actually. The more complex you make your website for your visitors, the less chances of getting people involved in posting. So I guess wordpress might do the job just fine.

Clive, Feb 7, 2008 IP