1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best CMS For This Project (Sports/Gaming)

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by digitalmikey, Mar 13, 2010.

Hello everyone, I figured this would be the best place to post about my dilemma. I am torn between what CMS would best fit my needs for the project I am trying to complete. If you could give me any suggestions or possibly the direction I need to see my project through completion, I would be highly grateful.

Project: Sports Gaming Leagues

What we will provide:

A community and small stat-tracking solutions for sports fans that play sports video games (ps3,xbox360, etc.) competitively. Users will partcipate in organized leagues based on the seperate sports.

What I will need the site to do:

- Website/Forum integration under single user accounts

- Individual league based standings (W/L/T - Per League/Game)

- Basic statistical tracking (Per League/Game - 4-6 categories in which user and/or admin inputs - think leaguedaddy.com)

- User Profiles (With extra custom profile fields)

- Individual/team based schedule (Per League/Game)

- Qualitative and quantitative member feedback system (Players can leave feedback for each other after games)

- Member subscription payment service (Per Season/League - Through Paypal gateway - Payment is shown from user)

I'm aware I won't find anything like this out of the box, but just looking to produce something very close to my needs. To get a better idea of what I'm going for, please visit www.unitedleagues.com, that best represents what I am trying to achieve just on a slightly smaller scale.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to everyones suggestions/help. :)

digitalmikey, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  2. digitalmikey

digitalmikey Guest

Best Answers:
    44 views and not one thought? Come on guys, I could really use your help/suggestions.

digitalmikey, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  3. YoGem

YoGem Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best FREE way is Joomla, the easiest is to hire someone to create a website on purpose if you have funds. Otherwise Joomla will be your friend.

YoGem, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  4. jbarnett

jbarnett Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress + VBulletin.

jbarnett, Mar 15, 2010 IP