1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best CMS for virtual products

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by sami1255, Oct 10, 2008.

hi.. i want users to buy document files.. mp3s etc in such a way that they can also upload their own stuff and get paid if someone download their item (while i cut some fee).. user can buy credits via paypal to be able to download stuff..

which cms would be the best to handle things like that?

i am sane enough to appreciate replies with green ;)

sami1255, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  2. sami1255

sami1255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no one? :(

sami1255, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  3. einsteinsboi

einsteinsboi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that any CMS will do this out of the box. You will probably need to pick one and have it modded for use. If I understand, you want to offer files for sale but also to offer a portal for other sellers where you charge a "transaction fee" or commission.

My suggestion would be to try and get this handcoded for you by an experienced programmer, and use the Paypal IPN

If you want to jump in and try to work it out, I suggest you look at Drupal and the ecommerce modules, particularly http://drupal.org/project/ecommerce. You can also look through all the other ecommerce modules and see if there are some you can play with to get the features you want: http://drupal.org/project/Modules/category/104

einsteinsboi, Oct 11, 2008 IP
    sami1255 likes this.
  4. sami1255

sami1255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the comprehensive reply.. but there should be some market place script for the digital downloads?

sami1255, Oct 11, 2008 IP