1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"Best" CMS = Simplest (for me anyways)

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by oneawesomeguy, Apr 26, 2008.

Okay, so I am not really looking for the "best" CMS, but the simplest, most functional one. Not necessarily the one with the most features. I tend to use Wordpress as a CMS, which gets a little big, but I am used to using Wordpress so I feel comfortable. I need to branch out. Any ideas?

oneawesomeguy, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  2. Suri.CMS

Suri.CMS Peon

Best Answers:
    Suri.CMS, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  3. brainstormingin

brainstormingin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    brainstormingin, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  4. mg1313

mg1313 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress would be simple enough and can be used as CMS, especially when you add plugins.
    Read a Wordpress review here if you want...and you have video tutorials too.

mg1313, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  5. hillord

hillord Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    that's what i thought to myself. Wordpress can be become a CMS and it's easy to manage(back end) but do consider migrating to Joomla.

hillord, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  6. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've installed and tried Drupal, CMS Made Simple, and one which the name escapes me write now, and Joomla all in the past 3 months.

I didn't like the old version of Joomla. But 1.5 is pretty easy to install. And after you learn the basic concepts it's pretty easy to maintain site. Like any software you have to learn to use it. Joomla requires you to Make a Section, then a Category, then your Menu Item, then Your Article. Then you link it all together. Sounds confusing, and it is a bit at first. But they you have your "Ah ha" moment and everything falls into place.

CMS made simple is easier to learn than Joomla, but it's also more limited in the availability of extensions and templates.

I like Wordpress. You can do a lot with it as you know. There are opinions on here from so many people. And it's hard to find the time to install and test everything.

internetmarketingiq, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  7. Dondon2d

Dondon2d Peon

Best Answers:
    Dondon2d, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  8. mg1313

mg1313 Peon

Best Answers:
    Would you like to review one of these software for www.mytestbox.com ? (and get paid)

mg1313, Apr 30, 2008 IP