1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best CMS softare for small "news and events" section

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by spacity, Dec 18, 2007.

Since I am new to using content management software, I would like to know which program would work the best for a small news section of a webpage that i am building. I am under the assumption that this software would enable my customers to automatically update this section with no web design experience.

spacity, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  2. ARonald

ARonald Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla is a very easy CMS to use. Also do explore a bit on opensourcecms.com. They have demos of hundreds of cms and you can easily see which fits right.

ARonald, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  3. Suri.CMS

Suri.CMS Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry but I am a bit unsure about your requirement.
    Do you want to build entire website using a CMS ? Or do you want to use CMS only for a small section (news) of website ?

Suri.CMS, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  4. danparks

danparks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your question seems to imply that you only want the CMS for just this small News & Events section. That is, you're developing (or have already developed) most of your site without a CMS. If this is true then the best option might be to make use of a database. For this one task you won't need to become an expert in databases - you'll only need to use the basics. Just enough to create a table that holds the items, and then some database access code to be able to store (when users enter) and retrieve (every time a visitor loads the page) the information from that table.

If you aren't familiar with database programming, and the task sounds too complicated, you might want to look around for someone to do it for you. For anyone already familiar with database programming it's a fairly trivial task and it shouldn't cost you too much.

Dan

danparks, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  5. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use joomla 1.5. Easy interface with future options. Plus check the extensions for joomla to add on some functionality that suits your needs. Joomla rocks

Arnie, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  6. bcdxer

bcdxer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    bcdxer, Feb 19, 2008 IP