1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

best CMS to control sub-domains?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by fsmedia, Jan 21, 2006.

What's the best CMS out there that will let me control content on subdomains? such as controlling data on sub1.domain.com and sub2.domain.com, but running only a SINGLE cms application instead of a different CMS on each subdomain; any ideas which application would be the best for this? Thanks!

fsmedia, Jan 21, 2006 IP
  2. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Drupal shall work for that...

subseo, Jan 21, 2006 IP
  3. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It lets you create subdomains and manage them all from the home-domain or of the like idea? I want it where I don't really have to install it a bunch of times for each sub-domain. does it need a plugin or something to do that?

fsmedia, Jan 22, 2006 IP
  4. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, just checked to confirm and it works for subdomains too, definitely. Their install.txt file is all you need - it is described right there. No plugin needed. Just go to drupal.org or install from your Fantastico, and head to sites subfolder (as described in install.txt). The other question is whether Drupal will suit your CMS needs, but I like it for some of my sites and needs.

subseo, Jan 22, 2006 IP