1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best CMS to Pair with Magento Enterprise

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by poxc2006, Oct 18, 2013.

I just started at a large (top 5) US diet product company. We currently use crappy in-house solution for both e-commerce and content management - terrible built-in SEO problems, etc. I've been reviewing e-commerce/cms systems. I think Magento Enterprise would probably be a safe bet e-commerce engine for us. But to handle the company homepage, blog, user forums, and other items, I'm wondering what the best CMS would be to integrate since I doubt Magento can handle that.

The top priority will be SEO friendliness (I hate having to "hack" a CMS to get it to give normal SEO functionality), plenty of flexability for non-coders to edit content while also being stable/secure. I feel like Wordpress, while it's an excellent CMS would probably be too small/inflexible for our needs - but perhaps good for the company blog if we had another system to edit the front-end. Drupal has built in blogging functionality and is highly flexible but I've been seeing mixed reviews on the stability/security although most of the dirt on that was from a few years ago so is Drupal more stable now?

Any feedback or personal experiences to share greatly appreciated. I hate in-house systems, at the end of the day, they always seem like a job-security program for the in-house IT staff.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    poxc2006, Oct 18, 2013 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on what you are trying to do with the CMS end of course but I would still probably go with wordpress.

More noteworthy. Magento Enterprise is not really required. I do everything with CE and some commercial bolt ons.

As for gluing the two together I use the following http://fishpig.co.uk/magento/wordpress-integration/

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  3. poxc2006

poxc2006 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks Nigel. Are there any situations where you see Magento Enterprise worth it? Again, we're talking about a website doing $5-6 million a month in sales. Even a few minutes of downtime can cost thousands of dollars so it's important to have top notch support and quick responses. That was my thinking about opting for Magento Enterprise.

poxc2006, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Support packages would be the only reason really when dealing with something of that scope. I typically develop brands for folks so I don't have that sorta budget out of the gate on projects lol..

That said, something that huge should have some in-house folks that know what they are doing as well. I would have to see some stuff to advise you accordingly. This is a case where it may actually be beneficial. Again, my point in suggesting CE is more feature and marketing oriented in terms of its necessity.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Oct 21, 2013 IP