1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best content management for SEO purposes?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Davey Crocket, Nov 6, 2006.

MY hosting service provides a one click installation service for all these below...which one would be best for search engine purposes?

Drupal
    Geeklog
    Joomla
    Mambo Open Source
    PHP-Nuke
    phpWCMS
    phpWebSite
    Post-Nuke
    Siteframe
    TYPO3
    Xoops

Davey Crocket, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  2. weaz

weaz Peon

Best Answers:
    Drupal is very SEO friendly if you enable Clean URLs and use the pathauto plugin

weaz, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  3. varunkrish

varunkrish Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend drupal and wordpress

varunkrish, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  4. Nigeria Forum Admin

Nigeria Forum Admin Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress remains the best to me

Nigeria Forum Admin, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  5. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress and Drupal, Joomla is a nightmare you have a hard time to get clean URLs and no duplicated content with it.

dennisb, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  6. anditucker

anditucker Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress and joomla are the best for SEO purposes

anditucker, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  7. agahmemnon

agahmemnon Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress and Drupal, Typo3 is too huge, add some good plugins, and your website will be almost best in SEO (;

agahmemnon, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  8. Sudhaa

Sudhaa Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I recommend joomla and wordpress. It depends how the site is build.

Sudhaa, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  9. Joshua3079

Joshua3079 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been working with my clients for years... and until now he's using joomla and wordpress :) ... I think these two are ideal :)

Joshua3079, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  10. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress showing great potential in terms of SEO it provided me big success so i can only recommend WP over Joomla because WP is far easy and maintain than any other

jezzz, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  11. busybird

busybird Peon

Best Answers:
    I am using wordpress and phpwcms which are both great to work with but in terms of SEO I would go with wordpress :)

busybird, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  12. seo.raj

seo.raj Active Member

Best Answers:
    Drupal good site for SEO Content management. But, i'm using joomla also a good for SEO content. It also easy to use and update according to seo requirement..............

seo.raj, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  13. Betty_Europe

Betty_Europe Peon

Best Answers:
    i suggest joomla u can add plugins for seo and get more benifite

Betty_Europe, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  14. ajayto

ajayto Peon

Best Answers:
    wordpress is best.. simple powerful and seo friendly..without doubt use it..

Thanks

ajayto, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  15. engadven

engadven Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer DB to HTML style CMS for SEO purposes but the best thing to do is to look at what features are important for SEO and see which ones each CMS has. Then link that with the type of CMS that suits the site you need. Different sites need types of CMS but they all need SEO.

1. Update content quickly.
    Firstly all CMS packages are generally better thanWYSIWYG sites. Google likes lots of good, regularly updated content and a CMS will make better sites easier to make. However, while larger CMS packages do have more features they can sometimes be slower to set up and manage content.
    1a. Getting traffic is a numbers game and Black hat CMS systems can create hundreds of sites per day just from typing in the keywords. They do this by stripping and reworking text from existing sites.
    1b. Others concentrate on letting people create lots of good content very quickly, possibly from existing company content sources such as spreadsheets or data files.

2. Well structured content.
    Each page must have well structured content so Google can tell what the site is about e.g. a text title, summary and description using the H1, H2, H3 tags.

3. Good Meta titles
    The CMS must allow different meta titles and descriptions on every page that explain what that page is about. Allowing these to be taken from page content can save time. The same goes for picture descriptions and link titles.

4. Good navigation
    Automatic menu generators ensure that links are constantly updated. Well structured text links also make sure the search engines can find all pages.

5. Doc types and web standards
    Not designing to modern standards won't impress Google and CSS clears the page and makes content easier for spiders to find. Old table based sites will also load more slowly.

6. Lightweight pages.
    When you've generated lots of traffic you need fast, low bandwidth pages to ensure the site speed is maintained. Some CMS systems create static pages rather than slower dynamic ones.

7. Content sharing
    Often CMS systems have built in RSS feeds for distributing content, tagging or promoting content in digg, stumble etc.

Plus

Avoid database driven cms that don't have searchable menu links e.g. page names that search engines can find when spidering.

All systems must produce a good sitemap. Google XML sitemaps are not particularly required if it's a fairly flat site but worthwhile for large – multilevel sites.

Some people think it's useful to put keywords in page names with a'-' or '_' separating each word so that search engines will give more rating to the link. I'm not sure I agree but prefer systems that use consistent page names such as A B and C.htm, that way when content changes or gets significantly moved the pages remain index.

When counting menu links it's good to use /subdirectory/ or subdirectory/index.htm but not both. More counts means it's more important.

No one CMS will do all of these things and these days it's mostly the off site and content that make the difference, however any optimized CMS should do most of the above.

engadven, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  16. LisaJones

LisaJones Peon

Best Answers:
    Well all CMSs specified in the list have the features you specified. So what to choose? :)
    Good points to start with but they will not guarantee a high search position.

LisaJones, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  17. steverickson

steverickson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As an seo executive i strongly recommend wordprees. google like wordpress. it provided my clients huge success so i can only recommend WP it is much easy to maintain rather than any other CMS

steverickson, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  18. ROOFIS

ROOFIS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    was going to mention that also..:D ironically enough textpattern (http://textpattern.com) have a clean url option built into the admin panel and a pulgin for url shorting, though their skins are still behind compared to wordpress, Joomla and others.

ROOFIS

ROOFIS, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  19. redzventures

redzventures Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with those who have mentioned Drupal and Wordpress. Although Wordpress is strictly a blogging platform I can understand why people refer to it as a CMS. Drupal has excellent SEO modules and using the SEO module enables the easy entering of meta data for every piece of content. Wordpress is amazing particularly with their latest version that sends a ping to the automated pinging services such as Pingates and Pingomatic. Google seems to love Wordpress and I cosistently see Wordpress pages indexed and first page ranking (for SEO'd title with keywords) within hours.

redzventures, Apr 29, 2011 IP
  20. no1onsports

no1onsports Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont think it has to do with google loving wordpress or anything like that. The basic idea is that wordpress is more easy to use and people with limited programming knowledge can build seo friendly sites that can achieve success. Drupal , joomla and all the rest without being difficult to use they lack that those easy to build characteristics that wordpress is offering to its users.

no1onsports, May 3, 2011 IP