1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best forum/cms to use for creating a collaboration community

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Firejerm, Feb 14, 2010.

I need something that is light weight, server wise, for my idea. I want to make a community of designers/creators of all mediums. The key is the community is for overly creative ADD/ADHD who cant really finish anything...ever. the site would consist of different media realms(ex. sculptures, web, electronics, etc...) > media categories > different materials. users would have the option to share their projects/collaborate or save their projects for a later time in private.

I also need something that would work decent enough with a free hosting plan. at least until it gets big enough(if it does) to upgrade to paid hosting.

also I don't really need a myspace like profile. just something simple like DP has.

Joomla looks too overwhelming to me, phbb is too simple, not enough features.

Firejerm, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  2. Kirill120

Kirill120 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Site: wordpress
    Forum: free: phpBB, paid: ipb

Kirill120, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  3. scole

scole Peon

Best Answers:
    scole, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  4. JoeOFarrel

JoeOFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    hi,

Check out the site in my signature - there is a whole bunch of community website scripts that could meet your needs. They are out of the box and much easier to use than joomla. The site has quite a few user reviews on the more famous products.

JoeOFarrel, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  5. Firejerm

Firejerm Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys, im rolling with SMF right now. still trying to figure out what i could use for sharing codes and such.
    basically you know how some...downloading sites..have the code box that says guest have to register to see this?
    yeah im looking for that too.

also what would be the best profile mod for SMF for saving images and codes?

thanks for any help guys.

Firejerm, Feb 15, 2010 IP