1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Marketing-Friendly Social Network??

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by TeleMediaMobile.com, Mar 9, 2013.

Without a doubt, Facebook fears the rivalry of no one when it comes to notoriety. However, is there a social platform out there which dares pose a challenge to Facebook as far as marketing usability, productivity, and efficiency?

We, like many, have found Pinterest to be somewhat of a phenomenal way of socializing with others. The ability to instantly direct your audience to a particular interest of yours at any given moment is something we haven't seen done as effectively on other platforms. If used well, Pinterest can serve as an audience-gathering and retaining machine -- with each 'pin' displaying content-specific information adhering to one's campaign(s). This is, indeed, music to marketers' ears!

But what about Facebook? Is one to be more enthused by the notion of popularity and reaching more people; or, by the sweet thought of reaching less but with what seems to be perhaps more instantaneous and focused contents?
    Facebook's paid advertising service is, hands-down, the most comprehensive, target-specific marketing resources on the Web -- though, not yet to be titled the service which produces the most results. And since the discussion here is "social network", we won't even mention 'the big Kahuna' of the Web who we all know, lol.

Twitter? Twitter, Twitter..? Hmh, Twitter is a dashingly fast little messenger bird. It flies around and delivers its reports to millions. But how effective is Twitter's message delivery? Can Twitter be looked at as a serious campaign-churning machine that one can use as her sole marketing tool? We think Facebook and Pinterest are individually sufficient for marketing; but is Twitter?

And then there are guys like Orkut, Linkedin, and Tagged. We all know about the reputation that has veiled Tagged; Orkut has long gone South in a literal sense; and Linkedin is not necessarily 'multidiverse' marketing-wise. Have you had much success marketing through the latter three?

Always a pleasure to read your thoughts!

TeleMediaMobile.com, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  2. atom millionaire

atom millionaire Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is not the leader for every niche I think. I get most of my traffic from twitter and stumble upon
    • Facebook - Almost for everyone but not the best for many niches
    • Twitter - marketing, events , conferences, fun, celebs, news etc
    • Pinterest - anything with pictures
    • Reddit - Anything with a good heading :) and timing
    These are the ones I use.

atom millionaire, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  3. 0mgJohn

0mgJohn Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter is good for real-time advertising, as the people who see your tweet and find it interesting are more likely to visit the link instantly, not later on as is the case with some pages on facebook etc... where links are visited hours or even days later.

In this sense, I firmly believe in Twitter, as with targeted follower list, I could easily set up a website linking to music or fashion that would receive a lot of traffic from my 10k followers. Sadly, only time constraints stop this.

@0mgJohn

0mgJohn, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  4. prawyyy

prawyyy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook marketing is getting more difficult to use for free. If you have a specific budget to be able to use it you will achieve the benefits. If you don't have the money for it from month to month is getting harder and harder. The reason for this is the introduction of an increasing number of payments on the Facebook.

We should also see if the country in which we promote something has a community centered around a website. In China and Russia it will be totally something other than Facebook. Likewise, Twitter is not popular everywhere.

prawyyy, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  5. insight.tech

insight.tech Member

Best Answers:
    Pinterest is being the alternative of Facebook in most of the countries with their rapid growth of users and marketing opportunities. Another Social Bookmarking Stumbleupon is being more popular for visitors with the website promotion.

insight.tech, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  6. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook, twitter, reddit and the other network platforms out there are all good tools to promote our services.
    We need to find what works best for us and which of those social media sites we feel more comfortable working with.

I hope that helps a little bit.

Gianni Palazzo, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  7. harish009

harish009 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think facebook is best for marketing and Promotion.

harish009, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  8. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    To get best marketing- Only Facebook is not enough..So, i would like to suggest to use StumbleUpon, pinterest, G+, Twitter and LinkedIn..

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
    afoley77, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  9. EllenSmith

EllenSmith Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi
    Facebook is still the top social network, but Google+ has moved into second place. (Credit: GlobalWebIndex)[​IMG]

EllenSmith, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  10. Jacob Motley

Jacob Motley Peon

Best Answers:
    I've found that Facebook has been so watered down with advertising and promotion people generally like right past a promotion.

This may be true for all social networks, but I think it's even more prominent on Facebook.

I believe Twitter generates a lot more engagement than Facebook, people are more likely to share/retweet it as well.

Jacob Motley, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  11. spider_web

spider_web Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The best is relevant, the best is evolving, the best is not limited to one as one implies there is an ability to ignore all the others. Facebook clearly has the reach and thus is almost always used as it should be, but that doesn't mean Twitter is any less relevant. Pinterest is a small fraction the size yet hugely successful but only if your audience is actually on it. LinkedIn gets looked over but it is the the facebook of b2b and thus you're left with options that puzzle together in a different way for everyone but certainly no ultimate, no single "use this, forget that" solution.

But more than just where you go is what you do. Take a traditional marketing approach and you'll get very little out of social no matter what the channel, brand or medium.

spider_web, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  12. Endurint

Endurint Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook has had difficulty growing their advertising platform in the past, due to pervasive complaints from advertisers about low conversion rates. A big reason for this is the mindset of a Facebook user -- personal interaction mode. They're there to engage with other people, often people that they know in real life. The personal interactions themselves are the fabric of the website, and that is a difficult web to penetrate with a third-party message.

I think we'll see significant growth in the marketing potential of networks like Pinterest, Reddit, ukno.it, etc., where users are in the content browsing mindset. The user comes there to look at and discuss web content, not merely conduct conversations with their friends in an online medium. That mindset lends itself much more effectively to being receptive to a third-party message.

Endurint, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  13. harish009

harish009 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook is best marketing friendly social network ,,as Facebook have more user's than any other social network..

harish009, Mar 19, 2013 IP