1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best method to add halftone into line art image

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by dinrock, Aug 24, 2010.

I scan in my image using FILE>IMPORT>(select my scanner's version)>then select CUSTOM SETTINGS at bottom>image then scans in and appears. I want to know the SIMPLEST method to add basic halftone / zip-a-tone look to an area in the drawing. PLEASE: no tedious layers etc. This all is very time consuming as I am certain that Photoshop offers a much quick route to attaining this look. I am simply in "experiment" mode right now, looking for the LEAST AMOUNT of steps needed. This is not a masterpiece. THANK YOU!

dinrock, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  2. MotocrossJoe88

MotocrossJoe88 Peon

Best Answers:
    Could you possibly post a link to a sample image containing the desired effect?

MotocrossJoe88, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  3. dinrock

dinrock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    See attached character....it's so basic....I want to actually make that shirt I bucket filled with gray, as an actual "dotted" pattern. I know there is a simple shortcut, I just cannot recall how it's done. I know they say you can create layers etc. but that is way too tedious requiring alot of excessive steps to get to one simple "look". If you know a god shortcut or technique, sure would love to see it. Thanks!

dinrock, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  4. MotocrossJoe88

MotocrossJoe88 Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh ok. You'd have to set your foreground and background colors on your palette and then go to Filter > Sketch > Halftone Pattern. You can then change the size of the dots or modify other options to get your result.

5. dinrock

Best Answers:
    How do you exactly set the foreground / background colors? Is there a specific icon I need to click? That is where I am at a stumbling block.

dinrock, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  6. MotocrossJoe88

MotocrossJoe88 Peon

Best Answers:
    That would be located in your toolbar on the left side of the screen, where all of your options are. They are the two colors in the square...it should have been the first thing you ever learned in Photoshop.

7. dinrock

Best Answers:
    Thanks for trying to help Motocross.....I got so FED UP trying to learn all of the online tutorials, I just made this halftone effect tutorial as nothing else worked or helped! I went through hours of trial and error trying to achieve a decent looking effect and finnally got this one! And after looking at all of the notes, I thought, why not put these steps in order onto a web page? So, here it is!

dinrock, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  8. MotocrossJoe88

MotocrossJoe88 Peon

Best Answers:
    Heh, well glad you managed to get something to work for you.

MotocrossJoe88, Aug 25, 2010 IP