1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best News Publishing Application

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Capper, Aug 29, 2007.

I'm currently using PHPCOW, but its been an 18 month experience I'd rather not continue. while the program does offer some great features, this is offset by awful service and support, and a huge resource demand....but i've already posted this elsewhere.

What I need, is a great program that is secure, has good support, and is feature rich. I need the ability to post multi page articles, several images, and it must be user friendly (I have staff that are not html friendly).

I'd also like the program to not be so high maintenance that I'm spending more time cleaning up code in the editor or fixing other problems.....to make it short, i'd like something with a nice editor for adding content, one that makes adding and posting articles easy.

I've spent the entire day comparing different products, and have narrowed it down to these 4, but I'd really like to hear from you guys what your experiences are, and which you'd recommend.

Article Manager 2.0
    Vivvo CMS
    ArticleLive NX

I love Vivvo, but they don't support multi page articles, at least yet. Article Live uses the same terrible Editor that PHPCOW uses, which brutalizes HTML.....so.....which would you guys recommend? joomla looks nice, but it looks too time consuming, and to be perfectly honest, I'm looking for something that lets me spend less time fixing things and more time working on content.

Capper, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  2. Claudek

Claudek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Claudek, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  3. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anyone have any experience with Article Manager 2.0? Vivvo is out of the picture, as they can't support multi page articles.

Capper, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  4. elite.website

elite.website Peon

Best Answers:
    Capper use wordpress. it is much much better than joomla or phpcow. Userfriendly se friendly uses very less resources.

elite.website, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  5. cmstom

cmstom Peon

Best Answers:
    cmstom, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  6. HyTC

HyTC Peon

Best Answers:
    More about interesting episode here:

news.netcraft.com/archives/2007/03/03/wordpress_distribution_compromised_update_released.html

It was days before it was realized but by then there were many servers compromised. Every security patching adds to costs which is normally never computed in overall cost of project.

Cheers
    HyTC

HyTC, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  7. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    Stuff like that is going to happen, and its not really the fault of the programmers, as threats are always changing, and programmers are not mind readers.

I'm looking for something thats basically easy for my staff to work with, meaning something with a simple editor and user interface. I've messed around with Article Live and a few others, but as nice as they are, theyhave poor documentation and a steep learning curve for template editing and news posting.

Capper, Sep 3, 2007 IP