1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best option for a community blog + integrated forums?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by xyz, Sep 30, 2006.

I'm hoping to build a site where the home page shows the most recent blogs. There will be about 10 bloggers. Also hoping tha phpbb or SMF can be integrated so that, the logins for the blog section are the same for the forums.

anyone have any ideas?

xyz, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  2. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    Drupal is the thing you need!

(Not spam, just think drupal is an awesome free opensource cms)

latehorn, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  3. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    I say Drupal too, it doesn't look like you need anything else more shophisticated than that.

EJRaven, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  4. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'd go with Joomla with a blog extension and VBulletin with a member bridge so members only have to sign in once.

MattUK, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  5. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    The advantage of Joomla is that you can integrate PunBB, which is not yet available for drupal. But if you're going to use Vbulletin or PHPBB, then there are modules for Drupal.

Joomla use a very big core while Drupal use a thin. Drupal doesn't include as many features from the beginning as Joomla, you just download/build the modules you want to use. Drupal has a cleaner interface which is more userfriendly when you have learned to use it but Joomla is easier to get from start.

Drupal is faster than Joomla in many tasks but it may not be an issue if you have a relieable host.

latehorn, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  6. alchamy

alchamy Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla has a community builder extension which might be what you are looking for, or you could get joscommunity which is joomla with all the addons you would need

alchamy, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  7. websys

websys Active Member

Best Answers:
    i use Invisionboard on my television forums , IPB has a official InvisionBlog as a product which is integrated of course . i have last 5 Blogs on my homepage using them

websys, Oct 8, 2006 IP