1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Options for Article directory creation.

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by RoscoeT, Jul 7, 2011.

Hello DP.

Recently I had setup an Article Directory using WordPress and the Article directory plugin. It seemed to be perfect and I set about having my article writers submit articles and all was good.

Then, I noticed 2 things. I minor and one major.

Minor issue, my authors could not login to edit their articles once posted.

Major, the spammers go a hold of me and I had to suspend registration. I don't mind people posting crap articles but just not spam that makes no sense and is full of Pen1s enlargement links. It was ridiculous. They could even schedule posts for the future. I'm not sure how.

1. I wondered, what is the best way to prevent a site like that from getting spam jacked? Maybe a captcha or something?

2. Is there an easier option for setting up a decent article directory?

I like to to some article marketing for sites but don't like to give away my unique content to other dirs. That's why I decided to make my own.

I've searched but I find lots of people selling stuff and very little real opinions on what would be best to do.
    Thanks for any advice.

RoscoeT, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  2. turrant

turrant Active Member

Best Answers:
    The only way to combat article spam is to approve the articles manually and if your really sickened by the spammers, look for a stop spam plugin that compares the IP or email of the person trying to register with a spam database life stopforumspam, and blocks them from signing up. This is available for joomla i don't know about wordpress.

turrant, Jul 11, 2011 IP