1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Paid out of Box CMS

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by deepblue, Nov 25, 2008.

Hi

I am looking for a very good robust paid out of Box CMS which can be installed and managed by a novice , something in CMS space like what is Vbulletin in forum space.

Pls help. I will prefer php / mysql based system

deepblue, Nov 25, 2008 IP
  2. adultuserbars

adultuserbars Peon

Best Answers:
    adultuserbars, Nov 25, 2008 IP
  3. deepblue

deepblue Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Thanks but none of these are out of box and require technical skills. I want a CMS which is like vbulleting. You pay, download and install,. thats it

deepblue, Nov 25, 2008 IP
  4. adultuserbars

adultuserbars Peon

Best Answers:
    The installation of any of the ones that I provided are much the same as the installation of vBulletin.

If anything, the installation of WordPress is far simpler, and quicker, than vBulletin.

Why do you want a paid one, when there are so many free ones out there that do a similar job to the paid ones?

A paid one I can think of is Expression Engine (http://expressionengine.com). Although I haven't had much experience as an admin with it.

adultuserbars, Nov 25, 2008 IP
  5. Nerz

Nerz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    none of those are paid either, although some of the components that you require could very well be, especially with Joomla.

Try ExpressionEngine, its a paid CMS, people have good wraps on it. I installed it but havent had a good play with it yet, apparently it has exceptional control over what users can and cant see, a lot of designers think its great, not that im really a "designer". It also has a commercial forum addon specifically designed to work with it, and supported by the makers of the CMS, its their addon....again not something ive used and unlikely to be as capable as a stand alone product like VB, phpbb, mybb, SMF etc etc.

You will never find a product that you can just install as a CMS without requiring some technical knowledge or hacking, it just doesnt work that way, everyone has different requirements or small modifications they want/need. The best you can hope for is a CMS thats easy to use and easy to modify.

Nerz, Nov 25, 2008 IP