1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best place for social buttons

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Bradley_Wint, Jul 11, 2009.

Ok, so I want to place the interactive buttons for Digg, Reddit and TwitThis on my site but where exactly do you think is the most effective place for me to place the buttons? Technically I can't put it right below the picture since the picture is part of the Content part of the post body display in Wordpress.

Sample post page >> http://www.carthusiast.com/bmw-reca...es-for-possible-faulty-airbag-system-449.html

I have them scattered at the moment, because I am not too sure how I want them placed exactly... ideas??

Bradley_Wint, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  2. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would put them in the top of your side bar so there seen right away. Plus they add colors and make your theme look a little better.

indyonline, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  3. UAB

UAB Peon

Best Answers:
    Tough setup on the blog for the placement of these buttons. One recommendation I can make to you is that Digg has a large "Digg" button that also displays the number of times the post has been dug. I would recommend that you float that button to the right of your blog post's title. That should make it very visible to everyone.

My only other suggestion would be to put them at the button of the post like you have them now. Only I would choose 3 or 4 of the most popular services and make the buttons bigger and more prominent. People that want to submit something are going to look at the bottom of the post since that is typically where bloggers put these buttons.

UAB, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  4. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As UAB said, the bottom of the post is the best place for the buttons.

Make them nice and visible, and use only the biggest ones ( Digg, SU etc)

gr8liverpoolfan, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  5. Bradley_Wint

Bradley_Wint Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright sounds like good advice guys. Will get working on it and see how things go. Cheers.

Bradley_Wint, Jul 11, 2009 IP