1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Plugin Or Script To Generate Expired Links

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by lakwaun, Aug 20, 2013.

I have a wordpress website where I have used s2member plugin and pretty much understand it. I am looking for a plugin or script where I can give a buyer a expiring link that expires within say 5 days to download over 40,000 folders and or 6Gb of files flawlessly.
    The s2member plugin only lets you do one file from what I can understand. I know I could zip everything together but I dont want to deal with issues of servers timing out or problems downloading such a large file.
    Even if I could do it outside of my wordpress site like via the dirrect html public folder that would be fine. But how can I have the security!?

lakwaun, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  2. Oranboard

Oranboard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Only Download Content or with Online Content? What Payment Provider?

Oranboard, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  3. lakwaun

lakwaun Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Downloadable content. I have a website I am working on and a cheap shared hosting account So I could uploud them all to a specific public folder but need the best security so people cant just take them for free. (web host is ipage) Like Mp3's and pdf's. Wanting to use paypal as a payment provider with more payment options. Automated if possible but not neccessary. I want to sell my instrumental beats and pdf files on like ebay since its one of the largest market places and then send expiring links after purchase that can handle the large file sizes of 2 to more GB's of multiple files. Would it be better to learn and use a content management system like joomla? I just learned and pretty much mastered a lot of the understanding in word press now so I feel comfortable!

lakwaun, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  4. lakwaun

lakwaun Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Or would the downloading effect my website since it is on a shared web host. I know I have other options like hosting the files on sites that were meant for the type of work. Like bandcamp.com for my music files and such.

lakwaun, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  5. Oranboard

Oranboard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok i also sell Download Products. In my case i use some services and Scripts.

http://quixly.com/ self hosted Version coast 7$ a month and its very cool. Paypal and Google Checkout works with it. Hosted Version not so good for big Traffic to expensive
    https://gumroad.com/ host your files with unlimited bandwige etc. Only Credit Card, 5% Fee + 20c per Transaction,
    http://www.digitalproductguard.com/ hosted on your server. Give access to site/download area for 1 time download or time. Works with PayPal and Clickbank 1 Time 47 Dollar

6. lakwaun

lakwaun Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh ok thanks. I think I am more interested in the first option. I have the last one in my tool box somewhere but have to find it. Never could get that one to really work though.
    I dont have any real traffic yet but just wondering would using my shared webhost be a bad idea for something I am trying to do?

lakwaun, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  7. Oranboard

Oranboard Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont know how much traffic you get and how much downloads. So give it a try and if you see the side goes down or really slow buy a second. In my case i would buy a second host only for the download...