1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best social bookmarking practices

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by kx2, Oct 14, 2007.

Hi,

Say I have a site with about 20 unique articles.. I would like to post each one on digg and similar soc bookmarking sites... At what rate should I post? I was thinking to post 1 story per day on each social bookmark... I intend to use Onlywire, too. Is it a good idea to post more than 1 story per day?

So I want to post deep links, not links to my index....

Any thoughts about this one? and anything you would like to add, feel free.

k.

kx2, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  2. etali

etali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you've got the right idea with one per day - give each one time to get attention before posting the next, or it might look spammy.

It may be worth spreading it out over an even longer period if you've only got 20 articles to promote at the moment.

etali, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  3. Shylock

Shylock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the quality of the articles. To social bookmarking sites like Del.icio.us you can bookmark every single article you write and its ok. On sites like Digg you probably shouldn't submit your own stories every single day. Do it only when it's a really special one.

I'm guessing that submitting 30 articles in 30 days from the same site to Digg will get you banned.

Shylock, Oct 14, 2007 IP