1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Social Bookmarking Sites?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by hallwriting, May 12, 2010.

1. rbu

rbu Peon

Best Answers:
    Reddit 4 teh win!

rbu, May 25, 2010 IP
  2. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Stumble has become worthless EXCEPT for initial visibility of a site - links aren't worth half a crap from there in the long run. I'm still a big fan of delicious.com because your links can be exported into other sites from there. Digg, Mixx & Sphinn (for marketing-related articles) are good for articles...Yahoo Bookmarks, Kirtsy, Diigo, Mister Wong, Faves.com and Folkd are good for regular bookmarking.

Pixelrage, May 25, 2010 IP
  3. Inspired Action

Inspired Action Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here. Next comes faceBook! :)

Inspired Action, May 25, 2010 IP
  4. sri2k6here

sri2k6here Active Member

Best Answers:
    according to me Digg is best

sri2k6here, May 26, 2010 IP
  5. nab

nab Peon

Best Answers:
    You can also submit all your content in one go (Auto-Syndicate Your Content).

onlywire.com submits your content to 39 Top Social Networking Sites.

It makes it a lot easier to manage the submissions and it saves a HUGE amount of time.

There is a free version and a paid version. Paid version costs $2.99 per month. That's not too bad for the time it saves. But the only downside is that the first time you use it, you have to manually enter all the websites login and passwords (you will have to signup with the various networking sites, but only once).

nab, May 26, 2010 IP
  6. lencarifin

lencarifin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my favorites are STUMBLEUPON, but i used SU, mixx, propeller, jumptags, digg, google buzz, yahoo buzz, delicious, and linkedin. It's very useful for me. Increase traffic and page rank. I suggest you to submit more social bookmark it's will be nice. Because this time SEO 2.0 is more reliable than past 4 months ago.

lencarifin, May 26, 2010 IP
  7. hallwriting

hallwriting Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've been article writing for my primary source of revenue, with the goal of expanding into blogs. Do you post all your blogs posts, the blog, all your articles? I'm curious because I know at least "some" people will find my articles interesting. I mean, have you seen the stuff people read online? That aside, I usually do a little better than that. Nonetheless, I'm finding it's difficult to get page views from article writing sites.

Digg seems to get "dugg" almost never for anything - yet the same article might get 1000 stumbles. I continue to submit to Delicious, but I'm not sure it gets me any traffic at all aside from any SEO benefits I'm getting. I plan on doing some more work on Bukisa, which tracks my hits. The thing is my posts thus far have been unsuccessful and are in an incredibly overblown market. I'll try a more general article or something. Still, it's about 5/1 views from Digg and nothing from Delicious.

StumbleUpon has been giving me "1" views lately, which is annoying. I figured maybe it's because I'm posting a lot from the same site - so I post from other sites. I post images and things that I've seen get 10k+ stumbles yet they sit at 1. Not the exact same images, but they are images of a similar sort. I'm not in a penalty situation to my knowledge, it's just I've had an unlikely stream of 1's. I'm totally uncertain about the algorithm there, even though I've read sites. Do I benefit from "liking" already discovered sites? Or reviewing them?

I put a few things on Mixx and Reddit, which are probably helping SEO. Yahoo Buzz is done automatically. Propeller was for specific articles only, I thought. Anyway, the world of online marketing and writing has me in 5000 directions. I like multitasking so my hope is my branching out will eventually result in an avalanche of benefits once things get set up. I can do one thing at a time, but I like variety to remove any boredom. I also am experimenting with direct-pay sites for writing, but it seems a waste long-term to let someone else get the profit.

SEO is something I'm getting better at subconsciously I think. That and a little bit of research. I also went to old forums I posted 1000+ posts at and put my signature as my site, twitter, etc. That seems to have helped quite a bit.

hallwriting, May 26, 2010 IP
  8. king99

king99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    digg propeller delicious stumbleupon mixx, diggo these all r pretty good for social bookmarking i personally think digg is the best .. if u bookmark u r site here within minutes it will be picked up by search engines especially google

king99, May 27, 2010 IP
  9. christyzen

christyzen Peon

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of social book marking sites available on net. But Stumbleupon and digg are the two sites providing more traffic.

christyzen, May 27, 2010 IP
  10. couriercompare

couriercompare Peon

Best Answers:
    I think facebook is the best

couriercompare, May 27, 2010 IP
  11. johnarcews

johnarcews Member

Best Answers:
    I like LinkedIn, Digg, Facebook & Twitter

johnarcews, May 27, 2010 IP
  12. tata_capl

tata_capl Peon

Best Answers:
    Digg, Delicious, Reddit & Stumble upon are Best Social Bookmarking Sites.

tata_capl, May 28, 2010 IP
  13. asejm3

asejm3 Peon

Best Answers:
    blogger, thanks for sharing this info. I opened an account last week never cared until i saw your post.

asejm3, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  14. azharvapiwalla

azharvapiwalla Peon

Best Answers:
    hey well i m using facebook and twitter but i think i should move forward and start using stumble upon and digg pls tell me how to use them

azharvapiwalla, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  15. falguni1

falguni1 Peon

Best Answers:
    digg is good for getting traffic.

falguni1, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  16. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    Digg and stumble upon are my favorite sites which provides me a lot of traffic.

joelchrist, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  17. Zhimzone.com

Zhimzone.com Member

Best Answers:
    My faforite social bookmarks are social bookmarks that have dofollow link features such as blurpalicious.com, reddit.com, Qaafe.com and many more.

Zhimzone.com, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  18. Pammer

Pammer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    does no one like sphinn.com ? strange!!!

Pammer, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  19. eg_arnous

eg_arnous Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am agree to all replies above : like to using Digg,Delicious , Stumpleupon, facebook, twitter ,technorati

eg_arnous, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  20. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After submitting a few links to digg and stumble and then watching my google webmaster tools - I do not use digg or stumble any more. The links just do not show up in google webmaster tools. The links might show up in my yahoo site explorer, but not my google webmaster tools.

This is just my opinion, but one of the best social bookmarking sites that I have found is mixx.com. When I submit a link to mixx, it usually shows up in my google webmaster tools in a matter of days. If memory serves me right, its usually at the most 3 - 4 weeks later.

If I'am going to take the time to submit some links to social bookmarking sites, I like to make sure the links are found by the search engines. From what I have seen, sites like digg and stumble have so many links being submitted, that some of them are never found. I see no reason to submit to a site if the link is not going to be found.

~kev~, Jul 7, 2010 IP