1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Social Media Monitoring Tool for Geographical Data?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by saurabhchauhan, Dec 29, 2010.

I have a project in hand and I am stuck with the representation of the figures of the efforts that I have put in.. so I need a tool that can help me out in getting the geographical data i.e. the data from India.

I have checked some tools like radian 6, Trackrr etc I am willing to spend money.. but I need results... so if anyone is aware of any such tool.. Please suggest me. I need it ASAP.

Thanks

Saurabh Chauhan

saurabhchauhan, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  2. rovad

rovad Member

Best Answers:
    First of all I don't know what you promote (your own products or affiliate links), but in most cases smart and logic use of Google Analytics, which is a free tool, will suffice.
    I use Google Analytics for almost all of my sites and I am very happy since I can access relevant and neccessary data in a convenient and simple way.
    The only bad side is that statistics are not real-time, instead data refreshes 2-3 times throughout the day.

There are a lot of tutorials on the Internet (blogs, Google search, this forum) on how to use Google Analytics - so my friend, sit and learn :).

rovad, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  3. logoinvent

logoinvent Peon

Best Answers:
    Like rovad, I have only used Google analytics to track the efforts put in from social media platforms. I'm only using it for simple tracking though. If you need an extensive tool Radian6 might be the best. I've heard about it from a colleague. I'll try to let him post his inputs about it here.

logoinvent, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  4. saurabhchauhan

saurabhchauhan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks for the suggestions... let me clear the glitches in my question... I am promoting a band site situated in United States.. though they are planning for a tour to India.
    To cater the fans in India I want to do populate the activities in their social media profiles.... and they are doing the updates from there end as well.

So what I need now is a tool that can tell how much activities that's been done from India (this geographical region) in an efficient manner... I have also heard about Radian 6 but I am not sure that it provides geographical data or not...

saurabhchauhan, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  5. rovad

rovad Member

Best Answers:
    As I say, Google Analytics will suffice. Here is a screenshot of one of my websites tracked by Google Analytics
    [​IMG]

rovad, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  6. Liam_Reilly

Liam_Reilly Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Analytics is great for a free tool. And with a few touch-ups you can get the most from it. I've been a fan too; before GA, I used Omniture for my sites but the difference in so small that I don't miss a thing from Omniture, with GA!

Liam_Reilly, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  7. saurabhchauhan

saurabhchauhan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks people for this wonderful suggestions. I appreciate your effort.

saurabhchauhan, Dec 30, 2010 IP