1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best software for photo editing and designing

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by shivshanke, Aug 20, 2009.

i am a beginner to this editing world ,i want some advice on choosing the best software for editing photos and designing logos etc.,

So experts please advice me which is best especially for the beginners
    all advices are appreciated:D

shivshanke, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  2. anorwichfan

anorwichfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I would consider myself an intermediat with a hobby :)

I love using photoshop CS3 myself, and in my opinion its the best money-no-object photoediting software (well, probably CS4 but i havent used that yet). It does cost several hunderad dollars, pounds in my case although there are alot of naughty pirated versions around.

As for free alternatives, I have a few mates that use Paint.net, i have never used it myself as i am very happy with photoshop, but they enjoy using it, and i know a mate who uses it because he finds Photoshop confusing. He can do some fairly good stuff with it too.

To get started with any photo editing software, you really need to start playing around with it. just find something to make, or nothing at all and just play. You get to learn what tools do what this way. Once you have done playing and you maybe want to try an effect, check out some tutorials, there are plenty on google all over the place, and most are fairly clear about how they do their effects.

Have fun :D

anorwichfan, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  3. Tressley

Tressley Peon

Best Answers:
    To put it nice and simple, use Adobe Photoshop for Photo Editing and website design.

Use Adobe Illustrator for logo design. Illustrator is a vector illustration program. Creating logos in a vector format is always the best bet as you will be scaling them to different X's and Y's.

Tressley, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  4. reseter05

reseter05 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not a good idea to spend a lot of money on an adobe product if you're a beginner. It's better to start with something free, there are a lot of options out there, and if you intend to make money out it, buy a professional tool.

reseter05, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  5. sheryonline

sheryonline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hello friend if u can afford then Adope Photoshop is the best option for u for best editing and designing
    make ur base strong so i will suggest u to choose Photoshop
    gud luck
    Thanx
    Shery !

sheryonline, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  6. rebecca_zhaoyan

rebecca_zhaoyan Banned

Best Answers:
    No need worry about how to edit photos. Here I recommended a practical Mac Photo Editing Software - Wondershare iCollage for Mac. It is a powerful and lastest photo editing software for Mac users, which provides more than 100 tempaltes and a series of functions for you to edit photos so that you can make your own photos, like creating Greeting Card, Scrapbook, CD Cover, Calendar or Desktop Wallpapers to decorate your life.

rebecca_zhaoyan, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  7. Fraz!

Fraz! Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Photoshop for Image Manipulation of All sorts.
    Fireworks for Interface and Web Development.

Microsoft Picture it! 2000 or 2002
    if you just want to impress your family and friends.

Fraz!, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  8. Drdrip

Drdrip Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Photoshop for photoediting and illustrator for logos - Illustrator isnt good with photos as it is a vector based program and photoshop isn't good for logos as the lines aren't crisp and clean.

Drdrip, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  9. russell2g

russell2g Peon

Best Answers:
    For graphics there is no better than photoshop - if you cant get your hands on a copy then GIMP would probably be the best alternative

russell2g, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  10. aap

aap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Everyone here will answer Adobe photoshop. Yes, its best but it is paid. best free alternative is Gimp, you can also try Paint.NET

aap, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  11. shivshanke

shivshanke Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you very much guys ,finally photoshop stands first for photo editing and for vector creations illustrator stands first ,i will use them but i need some training anyone knows the best site for getting training in photoshop and illustrator through online .

shivshanke, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  12. shalwan

shalwan Banned

Best Answers:
    adobe photoshoppppppp latest version get the trial version

shalwan, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  13. Magnus Vogel

Magnus Vogel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Magnus Vogel, Aug 22, 2009 IP