1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best system for press release

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by scuba5794, Aug 21, 2007.

Hi everyone got a quick question about starting press release type websites. We would like to setup a different website for every product and update them frequently with news such as product development news availability news etc. The sites will have to include video, pictures, text, and I am thinking of including a forum like comments capability. Do you guys think wordpress is the best system to handle this task? I have used it in the past and liked how it works. I have also used Drupal in the past. what do you guys think?? Thanks all constructive criticism is welcome!

scuba5794, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  2. scuba5794

scuba5794 Active Member

Best Answers:
    anyone have any suggestions? Or should i try posting in a different section?

scuba5794, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  3. Claudek

Claudek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You may want to read this thread http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=3492437#post3492437

The above has enough example CMS to mull over.

You will soon have the Joomla brigade come in with the one liner that Joomla is the best or Joomla is perfect without giving any more reasons. I would stay away from Joomla for the time being - their new licensing means not all their extensions will exist with the latest version - they've already lost the best forum integration they had(with SMF) due to the changes.

Claudek, Aug 22, 2007 IP
    scuba5794 likes this.
  4. scuba5794

scuba5794 Active Member

Best Answers:
    claudek thanks for pointing out that thread i read all of it. You make very persuasive arguments thank you for your helpful input rep'd

scuba5794, Aug 22, 2007 IP