1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to monetize my men's entertainment site? Advice

Discussion in 'General Business' started by brocrastinator, Mar 27, 2012.

Hey everyone,

Right now, I own and solely run three different websites. However, my biggest traffic draw is my men's entertainment website BROcrastinator.com. BROcrastinator typically receives around 500 unique visitors per day, however, I'm lucky to make around $.50 per day with that traffic. I've experimented with many different forms of monetization on my site, but because it does not have a specific niche (it's a general male entertainment) it is difficult to monetize. I've used a combination of Google AdSense (which could make up to $40 a month for me), Amazon Associates (which has made up to $30 a month), and a variety of CPM networks. However, nothing has ever been steady enough to really increase the money coming in.

At this point in time, I'm about to graduate from college and have recently signed a contract for an account management position in Wasington DC post-graduation. Before I graduate and begin work, I'm working extremely hard to monetize my site to help supplement my upcoming salary and offset the high price of living in DC. I'm debating selling the website because I know it is DEFINITELY worth a few thousand dollars, especially for someone who can properly monetize it.

Truth be told though, I'd rather hold on to the website myself and retain it while watching passive income increase a bit. Does anyone have any interesting ways to monetize an entertainment site such as mine? It would be a massive help.

Thank you very much,
    Rob

brocrastinator, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  2. MC6

MC6 Peon

Best Answers:
    What's your main audience specifically?

I realize that most of this is contextual advertising, but from first glance it appears to be college aged men. Now looking at your current ads, I see "Plans starting at $299/month 50% off first month"- but I have no idea what those plans are. If I don't know what it is being offered, why would I care if it's 50% off or 90% off? Clicking through I see that it's an SEO thing. Is your main audience looking for this?

I also see an ad for a Dodge Ram- again, college bros aren't typically looking for new pickups (although they would love to have one- so that's a plus for this ad).

Capella University- Good. People this age, if not in college, are seriously considering it.

Tailor your ads to your audience (Consider going directly to potential advertisers who are interested in your niche- it's more work at first, but more rewarding), build a list, collect as much information as you can from your visitors. Then you can contact them with specific, ultra-targeted messages.

MC6, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  3. sumeetmbi

sumeetmbi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Rob,you have done great job mate, this would be perfect base for your future plannig in optimization. there is no point in selling website for few dollors. If you realy want to earn good amount throug this site you need spare few hours for your own business. Digital technology has innovated a lot. All the very best. cheers!

sumeetmbi, Mar 29, 2012 IP