1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"Between Thought and Expression Lies a Lifetime"... How quickly did you ACT?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by dark_white, May 18, 2010.

I've just joined DP and have said "Hello" on the Introduction forum, but thought I'd ask this question here.

I'm new to IM, but not new to business... I've run my own successful company for 15 years, and am confident in both my ideas and ability to implement them. I've quickly learned, however, that IM is a very different world.

I've tried to avoid being distracted by the plethora of get-rich-quick schemes as I've endeavored to teach myself the basics, and remaining focussed on my plan sure has been a challenge. But – although I could probably carry on reading the information available for the rest of my life – after two months of dedicated research and application, I'm tempted to take the plunge and just go for it. I fear if I don't, I could still be 'researching' in a year... yet, I also fear making beginner's mistakes that I'd obviously prefer to avoid.

So, my question/s to all of you who are making a success of whatever it is you are doing... Did you take courage and act quickly? Or did you apply a modicum of caution before committing yourself – and, if so, how did you know when you were ready?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

dark_white, May 18, 2010 IP
  2. candid

candid Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello there, even I'm new to the forum . All I 'ld like to say is you seem to be a person who likes to work on a well thought out plan and hence for you a well researched , analyzed work will work. As far as I'm concerned I'm pretty thoughtful and analytical to whatever I do an d it pays me well.

candid, May 18, 2010 IP
  3. CarlDia

CarlDia Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a wonderful quote that says, "most of what I have learned has been from my failures". Don't get trapped into an "all or nothing" syndrome. You do not have to either take a huge risk or none at all. There's such a thing as baby steps. Figure out what they are. In many years in business, I have never seen a successful business that turned out exactly as it started. Do something, tweak it, do something, tweak it. Keep learning and experimenting and it will yield. Stay away from get-rich-schemes. They are designed to make someone rich, but I can assure you, it isn't you. Don't get frozen into "paralysis by analysis". Do something. Take a baby step. Breathe.

CarlDia, May 18, 2010 IP