1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

birds birds birds

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by vrwrys, Jul 3, 2023.

I haven't met anyone who doesn't like birds.Fly envy is in us all.What is your favorite bird?I like the chicken hawk.

vrwrys, Jul 3, 2023 IP
    MargoFarrel likes this.
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I love the fantail - native to NZ, they're not much bigger than a hummingbird. If you walk over wet grass or through undisturbed forest they'll flit around you catching all the tiny bugs that you disturb and you feel like a Disney princess!

[​IMG]

sarahk, Jul 3, 2023 IP
    vrwrys likes this.
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I saw a hawk chasing a blue jay, catching it and then crushing it with its claws. The poor blue jay was screaming in terror. The circle of life, I guess. We have all sorts of birds here in FL: hawks, blue jays, cardinals, chickatees, mockingbirds, but the sight to behold are sandhill cranes. They look like weird bird-like dinos. They often stop by my front lawn. What's weird is they never get used to people.

[​IMG]

qwikad.com, Jul 4, 2023 IP
    vrwrys likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, there are a few woodpeckers that I would enjoy personally strangling to death. For a few years, they enjoyed pecking holes in the clapboards of my house. I finally got rid of them by putting up a few fake owls to scare these pests away. I also do not care much for the birds that poop on my car. Birds mostly are rats with wings, imo.

jrbiz, Jul 5, 2023 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Last year we were so fascinated by woodpeckers in California that a nearby resident came over to see if we were OK. We'd never seen one before. The trees were a mess though.

sarahk, Jul 5, 2023 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Woodpeckers are not very bright. While people think that they are pecking to find insects in trees, bird experts will tell you that often they peck just for the fun of it. And we have caught one pecking at aluminum flashing (no chance of making a hole) for a good while. Fortunately, they also are easily fooled by fake owls.

jrbiz, Jul 5, 2023 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    lets not use pointless fun activities to the measure of IQ or those people sitting on sofas for hours watching sport will be in trouble

sarahk, Jul 5, 2023 IP
  8. Edna Welburg

Edna Welburg Banned

Best Answers:
    Birds are adorable. I find Kookaburra very cute and silly, but generally, I like them all. Okay, maybe pigeons are low on that list.

Edna Welburg, Jul 12, 2023 IP
  9. MargoFarrel

MargoFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, all birds are adorable . I have a couple of cockatiels at home. This couple is the most sweetest in the world. I'll share the photo with you)

MargoFarrel, Jul 13, 2023 IP