1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blending Images Together With Gimp

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by g123s, Feb 28, 2009.

Hi,

I want to blend some images together like this: [​IMG]. You can see the various images of canada blended. Since I'm on a budget does anybody here know how to do this with GIMP? Post a link or some instructions. I'm totally new to gimp, so I need a detailed tutorial.

Thanks!

g123s, Feb 28, 2009 IP
  2. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    Although I haven't got the time right now, YES! I know this can be done in the GIMP and you haven't any need to look for any other software.

Just a heads-up in case I can't provide more info later, what you need to do is place all of your images on different layers, overlapping.

Then, use a mask layer and a black and white gradient to make the edge of the photo blend to transparent.

Then you should have a background which looks like this - simply place your information (here there is Canada, True north standing free) on a layer on top of all of the other layers and you're done.

Basically, this functionality is also possible using Photoshop, so any photoshop masking tutorials about this will be applicable also to the GIMP. It will be easier to find photoshop masking tutorials than GIMP masking tutorials, but good luck!

innovati, Feb 28, 2009 IP
  3. g123s

g123s Peon

Best Answers:
    Could you give me more instructions?

g123s, Feb 28, 2009 IP
  4. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    the information you need is in this tutorial, look at the pictures.

http://www.gimpguru.org/Tutorials/NDFilter/

Instead of using the mask to replace part of the same picture over a duplicate of the same picture, just use the graident masked pictures to blend into one another in a row like above....

innovati, Feb 28, 2009 IP
  5. GekiDan

GekiDan Active Member

Best Answers:
    just as innovati said, put the images to different layers and put layer masks on them and use gradients on each masks.

GekiDan, Mar 1, 2009 IP