1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blog about footbal, any profit?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by TheInventorySoftware.com, Mar 25, 2010.

Hello,
    How can a person make a living with blogging about football?
    And which country should he target the traffic?

Thanks in advance

2. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Football is a reasonably saturated niche. There are plenty of general football news sites. Rather than blogging about all aspects of the game, I suggest you pick up one club and blog on it.

As for countries to be targetted, it depends on what you are blogging about.

gr8liverpoolfan, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  3. TheInventorySoftware.com

TheInventorySoftware.com Member

Best Answers:
    nice suggestion, I am a fanatic fan of English Premier League clubs, especially MU. I know a lot of thing about them. But, should I being a commenter of the games their play, or write any issue ?
    For countries, I may have to refer google trends, which country is searching this club. Is it how to do it?

4. Ljiljan

Ljiljan Peon

Best Answers:
    You can make money with every niche out there!
    It all depends about how do you promote that website and how much visitors you get per day.

Create some quality blog and write regularly and visitors would come!

Ljiljan, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  5. rhysgregory

rhysgregory Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can blog about anything you want but as a lot of people say, Content is key.

You need to talk about something interesting.. something that other people relate to.. I find it amusing in wordpress when you can see what people search for to get to your blog.. It's surprising how many people think just like you!

A lot of blogs start off as a hobby too.. so don't expect it to make you loads overnight.

Just start by advertising your blog on social media sites.. such as YouTube... Facebook etc.. you get loads of hits and can get feedback from people.

I did a brief article on social media here: http://www.rhys.eu/index.php/2010/03/marketing-with-social-media/

rhysgregory, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  6. annamcmahon

annamcmahon Peon

Best Answers:
    it's possible, content is everything

annamcmahon, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  7. intro

intro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can profit only from selling links etc.

About what niche, if you choose one club, then maybe there will be less interested people for buying a link, who knows, you never know :).

intro, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  8. manofwar

manofwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blog on a particular club and put up some adsense.

manofwar, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  9. hotelier

hotelier Peon

Best Answers:
    Boo for adsense....Ok it can work for some but not for me.

Blog about your favorite club. Add some backlinks around the web, find a good supplier who can help you rise in the rankings of your desired keywords.

Now, I suggest you become an affiliate of amazon, and ea sports. Perhaps a football gambling website, as well. Although, that will only accept traffic from certain countries, most likely. But you can put your affiliate ads for amazon, ea sports (for football video games) and the football gambling website on your blog, and make some money with those affiliate programs from those ads.

I think it's a good strategy and could bring you in some income. How good? It will most likely build over time, but you have to keep blogging and you keep at it for a year to see how well it goes. Make it more of a hobby, since you love that team, and it will be easy.

hotelier, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  10. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You could write quite a bit about Manchester United.

Reviews of their senior games, general news ( contracts, injuries and stuff), tracking the reserve and academy lads, match previews- just a few ideas off the top of my head.

gr8liverpoolfan, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  11. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are talking about making profit of at least $2K per mth, then it is very tough if you just purely do blogging only. If you have passion for football you should look at building a website (rather than just a blog) around football so you can start with blogging and then build other features like forum, online store etc around football. Blogging CMS like Wordpress has lots of plugins which allows you to add on new features as your site grows. :)

tradester, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  12. intro

intro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, adsense will bring you nothing :)

intro, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  13. TheInventorySoftware.com

TheInventorySoftware.com Member

Best Answers:
    if there is thanks button on DP, I will hit it to you all. Thanks, for these great input. :)