1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blog Vs CMS

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by mobilefrenzy, Aug 9, 2006.

I have a adSense site, with a good CMS in place, which allows me to update the site content easily. I also have a news section on the site which can be updated from the CMS.
    Have heard a lot of blogs recently and I would like know if they will help in a better way than my CMS for the news section?

mobilefrenzy, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  2. jeeplaw

jeeplaw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your cms platform allows for good seo functions and provides you with an easy way to add more content, I'm not sure why you would want to invest or look into a blog platform. Does your cms allow for good adsense integration? If not, I'd counsel on either choosing a new cms or blogging software like wordpress or movable type.

Although, I was able to turn wordpress into a cms solution. Took some work, but it's more than functional for what I and many other writers need it to do on the site - www.arscompendium.com (doesn't look to much like a wordpress 'blog' :) )

jeeplaw, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  3. mobilefrenzy

mobilefrenzy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks jeeplaw
    Yes, the CMS allows me to integrate adSense as per my choice.
    Could you please have a look at the explore-mobiles site where I have used the adSense.
    Do you think blogs provide any added advantage over CMS in terms of getting more links to the site.
    I am new to all this (adSense and Blogs) so please excuse if the question is out of context.

mobilefrenzy, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  4. StrangeLife

StrangeLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress blogs are excellent, my site Life Of Strange doesnt look like a blog at all, I suggest using wordpress than a CMS, there are loads and loads of plugins even adsense intergration ones, give it a try and see what you think.

StrangeLife, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  5. DonkeyTeeth

DonkeyTeeth Peon

Best Answers:
    Many CMSs have blog modules as well as news and other types of content, so you may be able to do both.

If you're updating your news section regularly, the net result in terms of SEO content should be about the same - the only difference probably being general formatting and maybe some blog-specific functions.

Personally, I think the CMS packages are more flexible, but StrangeLife is right that the leading blog software gives you tons of functionality these days.

DonkeyTeeth, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  6. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    I think your site looks good. Some CMS's don't create search engine-friendly URLs but you don't seem to have than problem. I don' think a blog format would serve you as well as the format that you now have.

I noticed that you have four pictures next to your Adsense ads. There are some opinions that such close proximity makes it appear that the pictures are part of the ad and may violate Adsense Terms and Conditions. I can't say, but personally, I wouldn't do it -- at least not so close.

stackman, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  7. wwwbug

wwwbug Peon

Best Answers:
    wwwbug, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  8. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Drupal as well, and love it. Actually the Drupal site is at drupal.org

stackman, Aug 9, 2006 IP