1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogging Idea - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Just an idea, Nov 25, 2016.

Firstly if you feel there is a better forum out there for me; if you could advise that would be greatly appreciated.

Good Afternoon All,

Like the title suggests, I am completely new to blogging and honestly have never even considered doing one.

I appreciate there is a lot of learning but as you will learn I have plenty of time on my hands at present!

Ok… so this is my idea…. essentially I have received a lot of emotional help over the last 5 weeks and at a time where I really don’t think I deserve it, I have don’t a lot of nasty things over the last few years which I am now recovering from and would like to try and put my story out there, day by day etc to see if I can help someone else out there.

I am a compulsive gambler and recently joined the Gambler Anonymous scene 5 weeks ago.

This has been a major problem in my life for nearly 9 years now and over the last 3 years I have emotionally hurt family, girlfriend, friends and colleagues. I really want to try and put this right as well as I can and am doing everything in my power to do so.

Through my lying, cheating, stealing it looks as though I will be facing some criminal sentencing.

I look forward to hearing from you to see if this could be a viable option for a blog.

Speak soon.

Just an Idea 3

Just an idea, Nov 25, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It would definitely be a good thing to do, as "journaling" is a technique used by therapists and that's what your blogging could be. By doing it publicly you are holding yourself accountable and that can be good too. I'd caution about the degree of honesty and the need to not prejudice any court hearings that might be coming up. You're also probably very skilled at deceit if you've had 9 years of addiction so be brutal with yourself about what you write - are you saying what you want people to believe or what really is?

You talk about "viable" which I'm taking to mean "will I earn money" or "will people read it"
    For that you have to do some leg work, hop of Google and see if there are "competitors" already blogging about problem gambling and recovery. Go to Google Trends and see if people search for problem gambling blogs (you'll know the search words better than me)

sarahk, Nov 25, 2016 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You've probably heard people say "once an addict always an addict" and it doesn't matter which addiction it is alcohol, drug, gaming, sex, they all should be treated the same way.

There's no real cure for an addiction and the best thing anyone can do is live one day at a time fighting the urge of going back into their addiction.

Now, not everyone will agree with me, but I believe the worst thing one can do is bare his/her soul on a website about their addiction. As a matter of fact, I believe, the moment someone bares their soul on a website openly, attaching their name to it (and especially if their post gets re-shared and they have no control over it any longer) they are in greater danger of jumping right back into their addiction.

The best thing you can do is live a quiet life, abandon any type of self-righteousness and let time heal all the emotional wounds that you may carry around. My advice to you is do not publish any story about yourself, your addition and crimes you committed. Forget that thought altogether. You will thank me later.

qwikad.com, Nov 25, 2016 IP
  4. Just an idea

Just an idea Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks alot for your constructive criticism. It means a lot and all taken on board.

Another idea would be to try and blog and almost campaign regarding the seemingly socially accepted advertisments promoting gambling in many forms.

I personally dont blame the adverts, i have only myself to blame.

Would this be a viable idea?

How is it best to learn how to get as much views as possible and how do you make money through this?

Just an idea, Nov 26, 2016 IP