1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

blogging in html..

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by sami1255, Mar 7, 2008.

dont know where to post this but i guess CMS would be the best section..

what actually i want to do is build an html site with blogging.. i mean the page will include a portion where i place content via back end admin panel.. how can i do this? i dont want to use a cms entirely..

Replies appreciated !

sami1255, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  2. Freelancer4u

Freelancer4u Banned

Best Answers:
    I Think,it Would Be Better If We Can Talk On Msn. Thanks...

Freelancer4u, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  3. sami1255

sami1255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    not willing to pay to get everything done.. i want to learn.. :)

sami1255, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  4. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    Try Drupal. This may be the right option for you.

Bohol, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  5. sami1255

Best Answers:
    how will i convert my html website to drupal? isnt there anything that just stucks into my html to covert a particular portion a blog.. ?

sami1255, Mar 8, 2008 IP
  6. fabriciogr

fabriciogr Active Member

Best Answers:
    what u're asking for is a bit complex..

what u want is some sort of admin system (any cms or blogging system would do) where you would add your posts then later have a script (php, perl or similar) that will be able to rewrite your html.. in such a way that it's able to read the html and know exactly where to insert your blogging post and not touch your original html.. or just have the script recreate your html but similar as above (original html content PLUS blog post)

an easier way to do this is to just stick and iframe in your html page but as we all know IFRAME is a no no for SEO.

may i ask why you wanna keep original html pages? you can re-do them in any CMS system.

fabriciogr, Mar 8, 2008 IP
    sami1255 likes this.
  7. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you can try wordpress or Joomla for your blogging solution. both can do whatever you want

trichnosis, Mar 8, 2008 IP
  8. sami1255

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the wonderful post +reps !

Its all because i am much more pro in coding and designing html pages. what actually i want to do is develop my own website using html and make a particular portion (i'd say in the middle column) for text i keep on updating via a backdoor system..

For the question of other buddy that have i tried wordpress and joomla, YES i did. But php often makes me sick.. and am really not comfortable with developing their themes. Secondly the "category base" thing in wordpress is horrible..

Hope you guys understood what i mean.. :)

sami1255, Mar 8, 2008 IP
  9. ClayTrainor

ClayTrainor Peon

Best Answers:
    Im currently trying to do something very similar with Drupal.

I just figured out how to use Adobe Fireworks effectively to design great website layouts, and now im trying to figure out exactly how to implement it into drupal.

I think Drupal is probably your best bet for what you are trying to accomplish. Im pretty new to all of this CMS stuff too but it's pretty simple and there's a great deal of resources at your disposal on www.drupal.org

php is where i struggle alot too, however to implement drupal into an your current HTML/CSS layout appears to be a fairly simple task once you have a good understanding of how drupal works.

I'll write a small tutorial or something when i finish, if no one has effectively answered this question yet :)

ClayTrainor, Mar 10, 2008 IP
    sami1255 likes this.