1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Booming Jewelry Website - How to Monetize?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Bradlyb, Oct 13, 2023.

I am having a problem.

I have a 10 year old site that I revitalized from the dead at the beginning of the year. I used to sell jewelry made locally on it, but for various reasons I stopped doing that.

The site is in a very specific niche, a type of gemstone.

After some SEO efforts I am now getting 200 visitors a day. Uber suggest estimated $10,000 / month traffic volume. Google seems to love my site, and every keyword o target gets a top 10 ranking pretty quickly. I can easily 10x this traffic with persistence. More if I had actual products to sell, and optimize those.

However, I HAVEN'T monetized it. No ads, no affiliate, nothing.

My problem is a unique one. There are very few affiliates in the space for this gem, and the few there are have low quality goods.

I can't find anyone that dropships in the US, or if they do I have to be registered as a jewelry shop.

I have no budget, as I am recently unemployed and can't use my savings ATM.

I found one good quality Chinese manufacturer, they can make custom jewelry and use high quality stones, but I don't want to drop ship from China because I value customer service and want to keep the brand high end (I don't want people to wait weeks for goods).

I am considering spending $500 on an order of 10 different goods, and test them, but it's risky in my financial situation.

Any suggestions? I would really appreciate it.

Bradlyb, Oct 13, 2023 IP
  2. Artisan

Artisan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are wrong here. If people really want some thing, then they will wait for this thing. Just explain clearly on your site all conditions, and require the explicit confirmations from the customers, that they understand these conditions.

Artisan, Oct 14, 2023 IP
  3. David Newerty

David Newerty Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no problem to delay goods for weeks, If the customer need your product. In your situation, it makes sense at least to try and see the results. As a SEO guy I can also tell you that 200 visitors a day for your niche is a good numbers. Try hard bro and make all processes better.

P.S make your goods your main monetization, and then look for affiliates or ads or etc.

David Newerty, Oct 14, 2023 IP
  4. Mark Elijah

Mark Elijah Banned

Best Answers:
    You have a great niche jewelry website with high traffic! Here's how to monetize without spending much:

1. Content & Affiliate Marketing: Create valuable content about your gemstone and partner with high-quality gemstone jewelry affiliates to earn commission on sales.
    2. Pre-Order E-commerce: Partner with a manufacturer to showcase jewelry. Offer pre-orders at a discount to collect revenue upfront before placing the order, reducing risk.
    3. Lead Generation: Partner with local jewelers and earn commission by referring interested customers to them.
    4. Build Your Audience: Focus on email marketing and social media to build brand value and a loyal following before selling directly.

Mark Elijah, May 14, 2024 IP
  5. Fomin Alex

Fomin Alex Peon

Best Answers:
    If the product is good and high-quality, then it's worth waiting longer. Try to discuss all the terms as thoroughly as possible when placing an order. And every product has its buyer)

Fomin Alex, May 20, 2024 IP
  6. Amony11

Amony11 Member

Best Answers:
    You really cannot profit from selling jewelry online. There are too many competitors, especially from China. You can make money, but you will not profit from it.

Amony11, May 27, 2024 IP
  7. vrwrys

vrwrys Member

Best Answers:
    Sell it to someone who can.

vrwrys, May 27, 2024 IP