1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Boy, was I lucky!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by fryman, Apr 22, 2005.

I saw a site for sell on a forum. It was a nice site with almost 1,000 pages indexed, small traffic, like 300 daily visits, but best of all was a nice PR6 homepage.

I quickly emailed the webmaster and asked him for a BIN, he said he had an offer for $450 but the buyer backed out, so I offered him that and he said he would email me later.

So, a few hours later I get his email, where he says that he had just received a phone call from an interested buyer offering him $500 (I just think "phone call my ass, this guy wants more for his site"). So, I offer him $525 as long as he stops answering phone calls. He says he will email me back later.

Ok, I was just eager to get this baby in my hands, I have never had a PR6, and that is the only thing I was interested in. He then emails me and says that his potential buyer has offered $550. That's when I started noticing the threads about PR update, so I decide to hang on and see what happens.

Well, his site fell to PR5! Geez, if he hadn't been so greedy he could of sold it to me for $525, but I am not so interested in the site now, so I emailed him and sent an offer of $400. If he accepts, cool, if not, I couldn't care less, I was only interested in owning the site to have a PR6 in my portfolio.
    :D

fryman, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    For every story like that there is another person that paid big money for a PR6 and now has a PR4 a day later ;)

Its all about timing and with Googles erractic behaviour there is some luck involved too.

yfs1, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  3. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    I had some similar, but opposite luck. I had a few inquiries on my software site which was PR0. Offered a BIN of $500, but had no takers. I figured it would do PR4/5 on the next update.

To my surprise, the update offered a very generous PR6! Glad I held on to it!

GTech, Apr 22, 2005 IP