1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Branding Companies?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Jon1771, Feb 18, 2011.

Hey Guys,

I've seen a few 'branding' companies around and was wondering if anyone could clear up exactly what they do?!

Are they marketing based? I am very strong in the business management and startup sectors and possible business mentoring, but have never heard it called branding?

Any help would be excellent.

Thanks

Jon1771, Feb 18, 2011 IP
  2. Jon1771

Jon1771 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Jon1771, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  3. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    I think it depends on who you ask and the context.

IMO- branding is just another subset of marketing. Most marketing is measured by the results (sales, responses, etc...) over days, weeks or months. Branding is more about creating an identity and is measured more long term (years).

Branding attempts to create credibility and customer loyalty.

Most companies do both- Sales, promotions, events (marketing) & positioning (branding).

Crazy_Rob, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  4. Jon1771

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply Rob. I find it hard to distinguish because a lot of companies call themselves 'branding' companies but are just web design/graphics companie! But I feel there is so much more to branding.

Jon1771, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  5. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    I totally agree.

Ask to see some of their "branding" work. A company I do some work w/ does stuff for Gatorade, AMEX, the NBA and companies like that. Clearly branding campaigns.

I guess you have to ask yourself what exactly you're looking for. Branding to me, basically means that you want to raise awareness so that when someone is looking for what you offer, they consider your company. Basically consideration is your goal w/ branding.

Crazy_Rob, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  6. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Branding companies work in alliance with packaging & design companies or this may be one of the packaging and design company's area of expertise to help existing &/or new companies launch and market their existing brands or bringing new brands to the customer market in whichever industry they are in.

muffet, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  7. Jon1771

Best Answers:
    Very interesting, no one seems to have a clear and concise idea as to what a 'branding' company is, could lead companies to confusion when hiring I assume

Jon1771, Feb 22, 2011 IP