1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Browser Cross Over Faults

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by MaxM, Apr 20, 2006.

A site of mine, PSPAtlas.com is now undergoing construction to add Mambo CMS.

It looks alright in Internet Explorer except for the few stray hairs. Although in Firefox, tables colors are missing at the top and the bottom shows the original custom templates purple color :( .

I've heard that this can be caused by certain CSS and code used in the template. Is there a way to fix this inside of Dreamweaver or Mambo so that I don't have to patchwork the latest version to work?

MaxM, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  2. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've had this problem before with Mambo. It's actually the template that's at fault, you'll either have to find a new template and check it works in both IE and FF or you can get the existing template redesigned. This can potentially be a very difficult job depending on how the template is written.

MattUK, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  3. MaxM

MaxM Peon

Best Answers:
    Blast, I was hoping it wouldn't be that problematic.

Is there someway I can fix the problems within Mambo?

MaxM, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  4. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, it's not a mambo issue, each template comes with it's own CSS stylesheet. These are created by the designer, sadly not that many of them pay much attention as to make sure it works on all platforms. It's not down to Mambo at all. It may be easiest to ditch the existing template and use a free one (there are plent around) that works in all browsers

MattUK, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  5. MaxM

MaxM Peon

Best Answers:
    This was a free one, and the site that uses the original template looks fine in Firefox.

I've sinced edited it myself, and think I may somehow have caused the issues to come about. They're not that disasterous aside from backgrounds and images not appearing in their proper places.

The original templates site: drcorbelle.ch versus my alterations at pspatlas.com

MaxM, Apr 21, 2006 IP
  6. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If the original template looked fine in FF, then it's almost certainly the changes that you made that brought about the errors. It may be worth explaining the problem to a designer and getting them to make some alterations. I doubt it would cost too much.

MattUK, Apr 21, 2006 IP
  7. MaxM

MaxM Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm the designer, and am unwilling to pay someone to find the answer when I can likely find it myself.

As of now I fail to understand why a similiar table with pictures could cause the problems that are now present. Additionally, the footer features purple in FF, while clearly the code is written to the contrary.

Are there some search terms I might try if no one here has the answer?

MaxM, Apr 21, 2006 IP