1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bubbly effect

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by mnymkr, Jul 23, 2006.

Hi I am looking to make a bubbly effect on a rounded corners square. Sort of like the buttons on a soda machine. I use Fireworks but if you know how to do it in Photoshop I can probably figure it out.

mnymkr, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  2. hooperman

hooperman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have an example of the effect you want?

hooperman, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  3. CraccumDude

CraccumDude Peon

Best Answers:
    do you want something a little like this?
    http://www.pslover.com/click/1405

there's even a fireworks version of the tutorial here: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Graphics/Macromedia_Fireworks/Q_21272804.html if you feel like paying for it :p

the trick I usualy use when making buttons like that is to have a gradient going from dark at the top to light at the bottom of the button, then put a partialy transparent white rectangle at the top (you might wanna make the rectangle fade out a bit towards the bottom). Then just experiment with the colours til it looks right.

CraccumDude, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  4. mnymkr

mnymkr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    great reply but the thing is I need it done on a white background. Think of a square sheet with roudned corners...white backgroud....black circle in the middle.....now blow air underneath so it pops up ......dang that is a bad explanation

mnymkr, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  5. JacobGibbs

JacobGibbs Peon

Best Answers:
    JacobGibbs, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  6. phlint

phlint Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, put a stroke over it and make it a gradient then lower the opacity :D If that is what you are looking for, is it?

phlint, Jul 29, 2006 IP