1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Build A Business One Person At A Time

Discussion in 'General Business' started by JCMarketer, Jul 9, 2013.

Do you want to make money online? Then listen up! The following is one of the most important truths you will hear about internet marketing.

EVERY contact you have with ANYONE - is important!

Repeat that after me...

EVERY contact you have with ANYONE - is important!

Are you one of the newcomers starting off on the wrong foot? – immediately going out and finding a few affiliate products and trying to make a sale to anyone who will listen? How’s that working out for you? Why are these complete strangers, who don’t know you from Adam, not buying? I’ll tell you why….

Because any successful business, particularly a web based business, - is based on relationships.

That means that every email you reply to - every autoresponder message you send - every article you write - every forum thread you post - every Facebook comment you make...is important.

Every contact - you have with anyone - is important.

Now - you can easily spend money on a classified ad -- or Pay Per Click -- or some other method to drive traffic to your site, but a technique a thousand times more powerful than this -- is the personal contact you have with individuals.

As soon as you begin to get emails from visitors to your site -- or from members of your list - most -- if not all -- of these emails will not make you any money. At least not yet.

However -- more importantly than making some money immediately (yes there is something more important if you want longevity in this business) is the relationship you are creating -- by replying to these emails.

And those that are very successful in this business -- know this.

So stop seeing dollar signs in your eyes. And start to realize that every contact with anyone - is marketing.

People WILL remember a personal reply.

Yes - it will take time.

No - this business is not get rich quick.

But spending a little time nurturing and creating a relationship is time very well spent.

I've said it before but I'll say it again...

...if you are good to your list -- when the time comes - your list will be good to you back.

JCMarketer, Jul 9, 2013 IP
    securesite likes this.
  2. securesite

securesite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I appreciate this post alot well said.

securesite, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps you are the newcomer starting off on the wrong foot. Using a term like "Listen up!" is not going to get you anything but a turned off reader. And all those exclamation marks? It is amazing that you feel that you have something to teach...no, on the contrary you need to learn.
    In business you succeed faster if you demonstrate respect. We must never be seen to be writing to our target market as if they are children.

Spoiltdiva, Jul 9, 2013 IP
    cronik likes this.
  4. GAdsense

GAdsense Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Repeat after me, EVERY contact you have with ANYONE - is important!
    Well said, my friend. It is indeed based on relationships. It eventually folds down to TRUST. When you know someone you trust, you act upon his recommendation. Trust is a feeling, it really works wonders. It takes time and is a steep learning curve. Be original, be yourself! :) Best of luck friends.

GAdsense, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  5. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well said. Truly an experienced writer. But i think he was just trying to garner some attention to his post. But i agree, maybe a less aggressive way would be better. :) After all, this is a forum where people come to help as well as to learn. Although he comes by a little strongly, but at least the information he is sharing is not bad. :)

Totally agree pal! trust cannot be bought, it can only be earned. :) When people know you provide value to them and they believe that there is an actually person behind that website they are visiting, then they will be more inclined to take a look at your recommendations.

So that's why i never sell or recommend things that are not useful to my subscribers. Their trust is too valuable to be abused. Because once it is lost, it will never be recovered. :)

Howard Lim, Jul 11, 2013 IP