1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Building A Site

Discussion in 'General Business' started by pharrellexley, Aug 10, 2013.

Hello,

I am a novice Web Designer. I understand basic HTML and CSS with a pretty good background in general media arts and post-production. I really want to execute a website idea, but generally have many questions and doubts. Firstly, I would need a talented team of passionate developers and they don't come by easy... In addition with barely any funding, sponsors or budget it would be asking too much. I would likely need to find aspiring developers, but that increases the chances of a less productive and reliable team I can rely on. I am not scared in spending money, so what would be the best options to look for. How do I know I can trust that they will help execute my vision.

• The positive side is that I have my own dedicated server, +1000 hard earned registered members on the current site I would like to upgrade and I can do much of the graphic design and sketches myself.
    • The negative is what I would like seems very sophisticated in the developer side. I do not understand PHP or SQL, I want to build a platform that allows users to write articles and guides with special features and limited access and create a custom profile template integrated to resemble much like a social network profile page.

Where do I begin? How much would a project like this cost. Can this project be done on Wordpress? Also if you show any interest in this project please let me know, I will be more then happy to fill you in with more details and specifics. I want passionate and committed people though, you will be paid well.

Thanks for reading.

pharrellexley, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  2. A_ManojKumar

A_ManojKumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Only sky is the limit for people trying to build websites using Wordpress. I have worked with many clients. Almost everyone have used Wordpress. It is easier to understand and with over thousands of plugins I don't think you will require any coding knowledge if not basic web knowledge.

If you require any services regarding setting up a website you can contact me via Skype: manoj6994 or PM me with more details.

A_ManojKumar, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  3. Chip_Paulson

Chip_Paulson Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya wordpress is the way to go. Building websites is child's play nowadays lol. You just need to worry about engaging your viewers and SEO.

Chip_Paulson, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  4. pharrellexley

pharrellexley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yea i've been using Wordpress for a couple of years now. That's why I want to stick with it as the platform, so that my Moderators and Writers have an easy time posting up content. I will contact you guys shortly.

pharrellexley, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  5. 716seo

716seo Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is your best option if you are a novice, easy to set up, good interface and lots of good plugins

716seo, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  6. Sukhraj Grewal

Sukhraj Grewal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    check out www.allthearticles.com built of wordpress users write articles and submit is this kind of site u looking for with limited dashboard access

Sukhraj Grewal, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  7. PanicNot

PanicNot Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is great to build a website on, I personally prefer Joomla and like the community around Joomla. There may be a bit of a learning curve but one you get used to a CMS you'll never go back.

PanicNot, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  8. Joggers Park

Joggers Park Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    use wordpress

Joggers Park, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Why would you not want to buy a social media site php/MySQL clone and develop it further yourself? Most of them will install themselves and create a DB for you. Once you have it up and running you can tweak with whatever needs to be changed. If interested, here's a FB clone: http://www.phpfox.com/ You can find plenty of other social media site php/MySQL clones if you google it.

qwikad.com, Aug 12, 2013 IP