1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

building links to social networking sites

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by cheece2001, Aug 13, 2009.

Would building backlinks to social networking sites do anything. I mean to your profile and such? Would this boost anything. If it boots your profile or video on that social network how is that shown.

cheece2001, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  2. Getagrip

Getagrip Peon

Best Answers:
    Technically speaking, the more backlinks you can get from high pr sites, the better your page rank is going to be, so yes, this should work.

Getagrip, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  3. cheece2001

cheece2001 Guest

Best Answers:
    is there any advantage to building links to your social network profile?

cheece2001, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  4. tamal253

tamal253 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes surely there is an advantage of building links to my social network profile as it will increase my page rank and my page will be indexed quickly and will be placed higher in search engines.

tamal253, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  5. cheece2001

cheece2001 Guest

Best Answers:

So would that mean that you do SEA on your myspace profile for example for it to be able to rank for those keywords in google?

cheece2001, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  6. paintballer.ie

paintballer.ie Peon

Best Answers:
    Worse case scenario it may bring extra traffic. If you use facebook for instance and use a 'share on facebook' button or similar, then all your friends on facebook will see this and may click on it to check it out.

paintballer.ie, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  7. johdue

johdue Peon

Best Answers:
    I think social networking site may not help building back links but it can boost traffics for your website only.

johdue, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  8. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    what it can do is make sure that you dominate the first page of serps - this probably only works if you are a recognisable brand, but the idea is that the first page for your name and/or keyword consists entirely of results over which you have control - your own website, of course, any associated microsites, your facebook page, your wikipedia page, your myspace page, your twitter, your youtube channel, your blog, your flickr account - well, there's 8 results you can get on the first page off the top of my head

magda, Aug 28, 2009 IP