1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bullet Proof Marketing For A Social Network

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by FashionNetwork, Mar 6, 2008.

I have a social network that evolved from what was just a blog. I know it has probably been brought up on the forum time and time again, but what can be done to market or promote a social network.

I've done pretty good so far getting some traction we have close to 2000 members after erasing several hundred for not being active. I like to keep it as progressive as possible, but only want members who are there to truly participate.

Our theme is Global Fashion Network: Where The Apparel Industry Connects

Some of my promotional efforts include:
    • Free clothing for the member with the most referrals
    • Highlighting members on the main blog that receives thousands of daily visitors and over 2000 subscribers separate from the network members
    • PR release to related blogs
    • Contacting all related fashion schools and getting students involved
    • Getting profiled in local newspapers and magazines
    • Did the myspace tom thing so members don't feel alone when joining
    • Also have unique features like fashion faceoff when you can compare your company against real-world competition...bragging rights and word of mouth

I think the main thing that launched my business network is the fact that I already owned a successful blog.

Any other ideas that you have used or think will directly help my nice business/social network?

FashionNetwork, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  2. retrogod

retrogod Peon

Best Answers:
    Try adding image laden posts to www.stylefeeder.com ad www.kaboodle.com - and look for directories of social networks and add ya links and even boost your traffic with something like www.trafficswarm and make sure to get articles/posts digged - promote the blog side more and offer incentives for your members to do the work or you. Can I get a look in? My site is www.buy-tees.net - I'm an independent UK t-shirt designer - check it out. I'm personally hoping article writing will promote my site - will let ya know if interested how it goes. Seo is soooooo expensive these days damn! Kinda difficult in our field I know...

retrogod, Apr 2, 2008 IP
  3. retrogod

retrogod Peon

Best Answers:
    When I say incentives I mean cash really lol - it's painful but true

retrogod, Apr 2, 2008 IP
  4. Bbau01

Bbau01 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you have done a nice comprehensive job so far.

Apart from the general gaining backlinks, press releases blah blah, I can only think maybe some high fashion video clips spliced together, that should be easy enough, free and we all know how popular youtube is.

Good luck with your site :)

Bbau01, Apr 3, 2008 IP