1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Business Idea! Need your reviews

Discussion in 'General Business' started by gmoney38, Oct 5, 2010.

Hey DP,

I have built up my IM business and it is starting to take off. I want to keep the momentum going so I would like to dig into the service part. I want your advice on an idea that I have and get your feedback.

I am looking to start a remote computer repair service which is something I do currently as a day job for many years. I have the tools to remotely fix and diagnose most any problem with a PC as long as it has internet access. I wanted to get some reviews on what you all thank of this proposed business.

I plan on writing an E-Book on how to maintain your computer and optimize your performance and free software that you can use to avoid paying for products that are free and do the samething. I have many years and EXTENSIVE knowledge when it comes to PCs. This is something I feel is important to most people in IM or any other online business because your system is your machine that generates cash for you.

I am very open to any reviews rather good or bad I want you all to be straightforward as I want to know your opinion on Strengths Weaknesses And Opprotunites to this business.

Thanks again DP you always give me good feedback and very receptive to my threads I post and thats why I love this forum

gmoney38, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  2. blackhawkpartners

blackhawkpartners Peon

Best Answers:
    Deciding whether to expand your business organically or through acquisitions is the ultimate “build or buy” decision. It’s similar to the choice between buying an existing home or building your own, but we’re talking about your livelihood here—not to mention your employees' well being and your investors returns.

And moving forward the below mentioned key points to be noticed:
    1. The Basic Benefits and Costs
    2. Know Your Own Business First
    3. Developing a Business Growth Strategy
    4. Know Your Industry and Market

blackhawkpartners, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  3. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This idea is smoked beyond belief . And most people prefer to fix their own computers or use someone that they can physically slap if they do something wrong .

So try focusing on something else .

ApocalypseXL, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  4. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Do they? Do the majority of people pay for PCs to be fixed at all outside of the warranty period? With the price crashes most seem to use them more as disposable.

The idea does have legs but potentially more in the business space rather than the personal space. The big issues your going to have to get over in my mind are:

1) Security fears - the fact you can log in and control their PC remotely will worry a lot of people

2) Software - How do you propose getting people to get and install the necessary tools to allow you remote access?

3) Finding you - Struggle to see how your going to get traffic as most computer repair people target localised people and as your service is conceptually new for the personal customers then people will still be searching with localised search terms

4) Fix on Fail - again, form personal experience, personal customers will use their computer until the day that it stops working/ booting or the internet goes down (business users are less accepting) and the fact that Word crashes once in a while is seen as a quirk not something to get fixed

AstarothSolutions, Oct 6, 2010 IP