1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Business Ideas (that didn't work!)

Discussion in 'General Business' started by element01, Apr 24, 2011.

1. terrencewan

terrencewan Peon

Best Answers:
    New Ideas are good,
    but Ideas that works are even Better.
    I strongly suggest not to reinvent the wheel,
    use methods that are already proven to work,
    once you have a good income,
    you then try on something new.

terrencewan, Apr 27, 2011 IP
  2. transparencia

transparencia Peon

Best Answers:
    And what about the ideas that have had success? Surely you've had some success?

transparencia, Apr 27, 2011 IP
  3. nyc123

nyc123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good point. I believe that a lot of people fall under the assumption that as long as they come up with some sort of business or self employment idea then it's automatically going to produce riches without giving their idea much additional thought. This thought couldn't be further from the truth as an individual must give a business idea thought in terms of who is their competition, how to market or advertise successfully, and what type of customer base will ultimately be their target market.

nyc123, Apr 27, 2011 IP
  4. wadeinni

wadeinni Peon

Best Answers:
    Element01 it's not that any of those business ideas you had were good, but more of how they were planned and marketed. I'm very proud to see that you tried so many different things to see what sticks to the wall, thats the spirit of an entrepreneur. Keep trying something different or revise the old idea until you get it right. Maybe it had just been that you needed to team up with someone else to get some of these ideas working. I for one am proud to have tried many things that didn't work, I learned from them and the strategies I used.

I've tried:

1. Custom cover greeting CD when CD writers were just being mass marketed.

2. I've tried Web Design (I still do that and it works)

3. Selling original hand crafted and digitally designed artwork.

4. Photo restoration service

What seems to work for me are free textual/video information sites. I love helping others and writing for me has become a passion. i love being in front of the camera giving helpful advice. It's a blessing. I'm lucky I'm not introverted. For those who keep trying different ideas/businesses that don't work, keep trying. Thomas Edison tried close to ten failed times before he got the lightbulb working, and Henry Ford tried about 8 failed times before he got the first car working. :)

wadeinni, Apr 27, 2011 IP