1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Business promotion on MySpace

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by katie67, Sep 4, 2009.

MySpace is a social networking website where members can meet friends, find and listen to music / bands, create personal profiles, join groups, post on blog, plan events, participate in forums, and submit videos, music and photos. MySpace became the most popular social networking site in the United States in 2006.
    http://www.redalkemi.com/articles/business-promotion-myspace.php

katie67, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  2. rv12may

rv12may Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah i agreed with you. Great article about business promotion on facbook. Keep it up lol!

rv12may, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  3. xojac

xojac Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not think MySpace is the place for business promotions, it might be good for musicians, dj's and bands but I do not think you need it to push your company.

xojac, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  4. paintballer.ie

paintballer.ie Peon

Best Answers:

I agree here, My Space, Bebo, Facebook are only good for cetain types of business in that their core market are users.

e.g. you will never see porsche using myspace or facebook but you will see community pages, sports pages etc.

paintballer.ie, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  5. misterdonman

misterdonman Active Member

Best Answers:
    We might not see big companies in facebook, but a lot of people uses Myspace and pormote them direct or inderectly. As well, social media marketing has becomed a very powerful tool in online promotion and IM.

misterdonman, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  6. TriciaAbney

TriciaAbney Member

Best Answers:
    True - BUT .... i see a lot of Facebook pages in top organic google searches now so whether customers are using Facebook or not, i'll get to that in a minute, it still has value. The more "places" a company parks itself the better in SEO terms.
    It's a fact that over 55% of Americans now have Facebook profiles and the average time spent on Facebook is 19 minutes per day. That's an eternity compared to the avg. time for most websites. Not to be ignored for sure.

TriciaAbney, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  7. socialsite

socialsite Member

Best Answers:
    Actually promoting on Myspace can be very easy if you do it right. Of course we all know that they block links now on there. But the way to get around that is to make a good video about your business, then put it on youtube. Then you can take the html code and paste it into your about me section of your profile. In fact you can even set it to autoplay. So when someone goes to send you a comment they will see your video autoplay and if they are interested they will watch it and therefore sign up for your business. I have easily got a lot of sign ups from this. You can can either put the link to your site on a notepad within your video or from the annotations, or tell them to click on the description area to get it. Marketing is easy to do as long as you have the know how.

socialsite, Sep 4, 2009 IP