1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buy and selling giftcards HUGE business. What if you dont have the start up money

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Tony24, Dec 21, 2010.

I am looking into getting into the gift card business (Buying them and selling them). Business is going to be HUGE after christmas. Everyone is going to be selling their giftcards.But the only problem is I have about 100 bucks which would only covers advertising in local papers and printing flyers. Does anyone know of a company that would give you a small percentage of profit if you got them business. I mean people are looking to get quick cash for them right on the spot. I mean I know how to write business proposals to companies for a joint venture.. I know I can buy about 30-40 gift cards a day but you cant buy them with your looks. Respond to this post if you have a solution to ...

Thanks in advance..
    Tony

Tony24, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  2. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then you borrow the momey, where there's a problem (capital in your case) people have created solutions in your case a bank. I always knew people made life more complicated than it really is.

Seqqa, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  3. SamFrankly84

SamFrankly84 Member

Best Answers:
    My take on this would be to apply ot a few CPA companies because gift card submits are relatively common, though I have heard good things about them working in offline marketing.

SamFrankly84, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  4. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use a credit card. If you don't have one, apply for one. Make sure you can pay your balance by the time the bill is due so you don't get charged interest. That'll give you free money to play with!

ablaye, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  5. StephanieMojica

StephanieMojica Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, if you go to school even part-time check into student loans and student credit cards. I wish I had used my student loan money much better when I was in college!

Good luck,
    Stephanie

StephanieMojica, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  6. businessman413

businessman413 Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you plan on making money with this exactly? Just wondering. I have sold some giftcards in my day. And made a bit of extra cash.

businessman413, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  7. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well, you could always sign up for zero interest credit cards with long terms, then keep moving the debt from one card to the next.

****IMPORTANT*****

I would suggest that you NOT start out this way, especially in this economy. In fact, I would not even buy any products until you have a pretty good idea of how the market will be for your niche. You could test it for free by creating Hub Pages and Squidoo lenses (pages) to see if people are buying.

The last thing you want is to buy a bunch of product, owing interest on it, that you cannot sell. I am speaking from experience.

usasportstraining, Dec 21, 2010 IP