1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buy/Sell/Trade - need to know the official point of view

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Clive, Jul 10, 2011.

Alright, here's what I'd want to know.

You have to admit that a few people out here have consolidated your portal. Each of them has had own reasons for being an active member on the forum. My reason has received a hit on the day you have restructured the forum, and changed the default thread order rules for the BST section in particular.

Do you want me to remain an active forum member? Yes? Then don't take my own business away by forcing rules that only consider your own interests.

Ever since you have reset the ordering rules for the buy/sell/trade section I've followed tens of threads started by the same person, with the same subject line, and the same content, just because their older ones were too far away to be seen. Instead, my business thread was visible and successful because I was doing my best to satisfy ever single customer.

If you order the Programming forum in the BST area by replies, my business thread goes on the very top. If you order by number of views, it goes first as well. Now, because of your restructuring, it's literally a dead thread because it's an old deal, one I've started back in 2007.

Question is: just because you seam to no longer support established deals on your portal, do I have to start a new thread every few days just because I want to keep doing my best staying on top? Or has your forum become the wrong place for me to be in?

Speaking to you, Shawn, too.

P.S. This is the deal thread.

Clive, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  2. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think all ads should be paid, and you then pay to bump. That's my opinion, that gets rid of the scammers some what. It also solves the problem you talked about and makes the whole system more fair. I think it should be like $40 to open a thread and $40/20 to bump it to the top. The warrior forum seem to have a lot of success with that system and people get a lot more view and business though the threads created I believe.

Seqqa, Jul 13, 2011 IP