1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying a Niche Website...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Email MKTR, Oct 6, 2013.

Hi All,
    So, I'm in the early stages of buying a website (I don't have any specific prospects in mind yet). I'm looking to buy something small, under $15k.
    So, I've come across a lot of sites on Flippa which cater to niches I'm not an expert in: for example, I've come across some websites that focus on MMA fighting, on MLB, and some on Smartphones.

Would it be feasible for me to buy and operate one of these types of websites, all the while paying others who ARE experts in these niches to write the articles on the website for me?

Does this happen a lot, or do operators of these niche websites write their own articles, and are they subject matter experts in these niches?

Thanks for your help!,
    Chris

Email MKTR, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    no

you will lose the money on websites you dont' know how to operate , profit from

just buy the sites you LOVE working on. thats the only thing that will make you $$

competent123, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  3. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    YES, there are sites where people hire people to write all the content for them, hell you can hire people from here to do all of this for you. But it is risky waters for you.
    Take for example that you could buy a site that has massive traffic, high revenue, and google makes a small change, and your site is dead in the water, and by the time you throw more money into it, you might finally start to recover when the next change wipes your site out again.

From what I have seen, many people that invest in sites in flippa, dont earn back what they spent in the site. Either because they have to keep spending all income that comes in on content / site maintence / SEO / hosting or because they neglect the site, and months later theres nothing to show for it.

I have seen a few sites on flippa, sell again 12 months later, and you can see no earnings, where 1 year before, they were earning alot. And this is possibly what you will see.

I do agree with competant, always go for a niche that interests you. this way you are doing what you love.

matt_62, Oct 6, 2013 IP