1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying a website and proof of income

Discussion in 'General Business' started by hankypanky330, Feb 6, 2012.

Hi everyone,

I am new here and I am looking for passive income sites to buy. I have a couple of questions in regards to this. I see people posting spreadsheets of their proof of income but these are usually very easy to manipulate. Like any business purchase, those that are physically there and not on the world wide web, usually the owner's or seller's would have to show last year's Tax Return, in order to prove income.

Is it too much to ask for proof of income by Tax Return as from spreadsheets and screenshots of income?

I am trying to cover all basis here. Is this too much to ask for in this industry?

Thanks in advance,

Henry

hankypanky330, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  2. fpaulego

fpaulego Peon

Best Answers:
    You're the buyer... you can ask for anything you want that will make you feel comfortable. Unfortunately, asking for a tax return probably won't prove anything. If you're buying passive income websites, then the amount of income generated by the website(s) may be just a small percentage of the person's total income. Since they're not required to seperate these sources of income on their tax return (it could all be combined together as "website revenue") there's no way for you to determine the income generated by the individual website(s). I would suggest that you ask for login information to any program or account that creates the income for the website. Once you login to these accounts, you should be able to see a history of all the revenue generated...

fpaulego, Feb 7, 2012 IP