1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying content-is it worth it?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by clash, May 13, 2010.

I was thinking, maybe it's better to buy some articles for 5 $ a piece (or less?) then to rewrite and get bad content. Is this worth enough to invest?

Is it better to publish articles on blog or to submit them to article sites like ezine? Maybe this could bring better traffic.

clash, May 13, 2010 IP
  2. isaa

isaa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I think if you can rewrite content, then you might as well write it yourself from scratch and save yourself the money.

In regards to publishing articles on your blog or taking the article-sites route, I feel there's no harm in doing both. I'm not an SEO/keyword optimisation expert, very far from it, but if you master it, then you stand a better chance of attracting traffic to your blog and ezine articles.

Good luck.

isaa, May 13, 2010 IP
  3. Kevin.Douglas

Kevin.Douglas Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with isaa here. If you can rewrite content than you might just be better off writing it on your own. I know this doesn't work for everyone, but I personally choose to write everything myself when it comes to articles. I will always write the article, post it on my site, and then submit it to Ezine. It seems there has always been varying opinions on which method works best.

Kevin.Douglas, May 13, 2010 IP
  4. John Stanely

John Stanely Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer to exchange content, thus you also get links to your site.

John Stanely, May 13, 2010 IP
  5. cpa-money

cpa-money Peon

Best Answers:
    if you need article only for links, than you can rewrite them by your own. but if thise articles are going to be use for sales than it is better that they will be well written.

cpa-money, May 13, 2010 IP
  6. rprost

rprost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It will tend on how much content you need, re-writing hundreds of articles is going to be a major job.

rprost, May 13, 2010 IP
  7. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can just simplily get tons of article online and re-write it without spend money
    $5 per article is enough for you to hire the writer / re-writer.
    Always suggest to publish the original article at your own site and submit the re-write copy to article site, it will be better

lifeplayer, May 13, 2010 IP
  8. ceaseer

ceaseer Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you publish to your blog over an article site. This way when they land on your site they are already there and do not need to come there by licking a link buried at the bottom of your article on another site.

Also, if you can get unique quality articles only you need to determine how much your time is worth. Some days I would easily drop $5 so I would not have to wite something new that day.

ceaseer, May 13, 2010 IP
  9. Mary William

Mary William Guest

Best Answers:
    Publish articles on blog or to submit them to article sites like ezine, I think both of them worked.

Mary William, May 14, 2010 IP
  10. meholaman

meholaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey bud,

That really depends on how good you are at writing. Some people are more skilled within other areas, such as SEO, design and what have you, and for them it could make a lot of sense to buy content rather than attempt to write it themselves. At least core content which will attract the most views. Be really picky when choosing a writer, though, and make sure to ask for content samples! Generally, anyone who charges less than $0.01 per word or $1 per 100 words (depending on how you put it ;)) will do so for a reason - their grammar and vocab is poor, as are they writing skills. This last point is not true 100% of the time, as I have seen exceptions, but definitely 95%.

meholaman, May 14, 2010 IP
  11. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it worth it if you know how to get sales from the content.
    You should post at ezine with a link back to your sales page so it will bring you sales.

mentos, May 17, 2010 IP
  12. Ruth_writer

Ruth_writer Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are really good at writing, then perhaps you can try your hands there. otherwise, just hand over the task to many of the DP writers, who can do it wonderfully for you. Yes posting on blogs or websites will help you get a massive exposure for your site.

Thanks.

Ruth_writer, May 17, 2010 IP
  13. MayaLocke

MayaLocke Peon

Best Answers:
    Chances are if it is that inexpensive the content is not unique and not worth paying for. If you are going to invest in content it should be unique so you can get the most out of it, otherwise there are thousands of reprint articles you can use for free.

MayaLocke, May 17, 2010 IP
  14. MsNita

MsNita Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Clash, if you are a good writer, then go for it. The best articles are the ones where your own personality and passion connects with your readers, and keeps them coming back for more. If time is of the essence or you lack the confidence to write the articles yourself, then by all means hire someone to write quality articles for you that you can use without needing to do rewrites. It seems that if you need to rewrite articles, you might as well write them in the first place.

As for where to put your content, I agree with the majority that placing content on your blog and also submitting them to article directories are both the way to go. Try writing 2-3 short articles (300-500 word articles) a week or bi-weekly; post two of those on your blog, then submit one to the article directory of choice - switch that process up for your next week's postings and submissions.

You want to make sure you're making some type of progression towards your goals on a consistent basis.

Best wishes to you!

MsNita, May 17, 2010 IP
  15. bornslippy

bornslippy Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to outsource the writing though then it's going to be a a trial and error to find a good provider, as with anything else I suppose.

bornslippy, May 17, 2010 IP
  16. Honore

Honore Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it depends on your niche and other factors such as marketing and promotion of your website. Buying content and posting it on your site won't get you visitors by itself. Overall though I think that if you use the content wisely and market correctly buying content can be a positive.

Honore, May 17, 2010 IP
  17. prodigynius

prodigynius Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on the purpose of the content itself. Some blog readers will get turned off by fake sounding articles whereas dependent on the niche, others wont even notice. On my website, I can guarantee that using content written by someone other than myself and published under my name would instantly lead to a lot of conspiracy theories and multiple email's and PM's getting sent my way.

prodigynius, May 17, 2010 IP
  18. Brett Sinclair

Brett Sinclair Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Time is money....If you have a lot of time on your hands, you can re-write, re-spin, if that's you thing. However, for a few bucks you can get original content and it will save you a heap of time.

Brett Sinclair, May 18, 2010 IP
  19. justkay23

justkay23 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have the money to spend, why not buy the articles, however, if you only plan on rewriting what other people have already wrote, you might as well use content from other blogs or websites that people have already written FOR FREE and rewrite those in your own words. There are literally millions of blogs out there you don't have to purchase content to rewrite it. Bum marketing is a big part of the business, it is what a lot of people is doing. But the same old topics to get boring and redundant for readers and lack originality. But, its your thing, do what you want to do!

justkay23, May 18, 2010 IP
  20. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you can get the same quality you would produce, at a price that is less than you could be making doing something else, go for it. It's always a bad idea to pay someone to do something if you don't have anything better to do yourself.

joebert, May 19, 2010 IP