1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying money earning sites is good business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by lbs.seo, Apr 24, 2013.

Hello guys,
    I am a newbie here in digital forum, I am in process to buy well established sites generating good revenue earning monthly basis by selling ads like banners ads, google adsense, affiliate etc. I am planning to invest in buying such type of sites and want to get profit by their ads selling program. When I googled, I found there are lot of sites like flippa providing platform to sell or buy sites, I just visited a site there that costs $25k and monthly earning is $6k, so its a good idea in investing such sites for money making?

I am expecting your valuable suggestion on this business plan.

Thanks,
    Regards.

lbs.seo, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  2. JayKnight

JayKnight Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It all depends on your eventual goals when it comes to investing in sites. It's pretty much like buying a business. You'll have to have a plan on how to sustain and increase the earnings of the website you buy by improving it.
    Make sure if this is a route you take, make sure to do lots of research. Due diligence plays a big part in your success with the plan you're talking about.

This thread might have some info you'll find useful:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/general-tips-on-how-to-properly-buy-or-sell-a-website.48847/

JayKnight, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  3. smellocity

smellocity Active Member

Best Answers:
    These are good to invest in but make sure you research them first. If you have time to run all of them, its a great investment. If you have 100 sites that earn only $1 a day thats $100 a day!

smellocity, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  4. ytr191

ytr191 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You should be very careful when you buy money earning sites. If the owner of the site is making so much money with the site per month, why is he selling it?

Also be very careful of descriptions on flippa. If they claim that you can make 300-500 in just 5 days and the site does not have any proven revenue, do not buy!

If I were you just build your own money making website.

There are many contractors on Odesk willing to work with you for a low fee to get it up and running properly.

ytr191, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  5. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't have much knowledge of website management then I won't suggest to buy site which is so much costly, if is a huge investment.. also, when server is changed, ranking of your site in search engine affected, it is not sure that on your server, it would be making so much money as it is making now....

MikeQ, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  6. tawfiq2013

tawfiq2013 Peon

Best Answers:
    what you could actually do is go to fiverr.com and search for ppl that could it for you maybe for a cheap price

tawfiq2013, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  7. Shipra Mukhopadhyaya

Shipra Mukhopadhyaya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The site you are going to buy will continue to perform as it does now isn't guaranteed. If you cannot promote it the way the owner now is doing your investment will be in danger.

So your expertise is the main deciding factor. You can outsource promotion and all other needful but you are to plan the promotion. If you are not sure about it, you shouldn't proceed.

For an alternative, you can start with youtube video and clickbank products. If you are ready to invest $25k, you can outsource video creation and video promotion. Fiverr is the best place to outsource. All you have to know about are:
    [1] Keyword research
    [2] Product selection
    [3] How to promote
    ... and you can learn it about easily within few hours if you buy a good guide about it.

All the best!

Shipra Mukhopadhyaya, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  8. tawfiq2013

tawfiq2013 Peon

Best Answers:
    and you could research all this by going to google they will really help you with all that they have the righ tools and everything

tawfiq2013, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  9. Jaman3

Jaman3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes yes yes
    at past i bought 2 site with great traffic (autoblog) and now every month i get payment from infolinks, not much just '3digit'

Jaman3, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  10. Sharpay

Sharpay Active Member

Best Answers:
    A $6k/mo website selling for $20k? Be careful. In general, websites that are actually earning sell for 6-10x monthly income. You should expect to pay closer to 10, especially in the beginning. (Yes, I know that some sites sell for 12-48x monthly income. Normally these are high-end corporate websites, and normally they are not the type to sell on Flippa/services like Flippa)

Be prepared to invest about half of what you paid for the site into ensuring that earnings are still optimized, that you're prepared to maintain your website's revenue for the future, and continue to increase it. Sometimes these websites make all their earnings from 10 hours of dedicated work by the site owner, but without that work the revenue doesn't exist. Make sure you're verifying this type of information.

Sharpay, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  11. NickD

NickD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to ask yourself "Why are they selling this site?" Especially when it's earning. We have bought many sites and almost 100% of the time earnings are lower or are dropping lower than claimed, and we run them efficiently. There's almost always a motive for the sale, try and figure out what it is, And base your motive off that. There are people who genuinely 'need' money, many will say they are selling because they 'need money'. Chat with the owner a bit and try to feel out the situation.

NickD, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  12. boyuancy

boyuancy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    f

A very good point! A lot of webmasters say that they do not have the time to keep the site up so they're selling it. But I would take the time to do my own research and see if it has some rep (good or bad) attached to it.

As far as your question goes, what kind of site is it?

Did you check for its:

1. Niche - If it is associated to something that you take a personal interest in? If it isn't, it might be really difficult for you to research about topics related to it and come up with good content. You might end up hiring writers and content strategists, which might end up costing you more.
    2. Is the site on autopilot? Is it a static website?
    3. How much does it cost, per month, for its maintenance? And under maintenance, I would include factors like web hosting fees, fees paid out to devs, writers, etc.

If it's worth it and you think that you have what it takes to keep the site up and running, I see no reason why you shouldn't buy it!

Good luck.

boyuancy, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  13. angel.bluenus

angel.bluenus Member

Best Answers:
    It's a good idea but at first you have to think about it very carefully.many people can't do this only for knowledge.so,i think you have to very concern about it.

angel.bluenus, Apr 29, 2013 IP