1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Calendar for my website

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by petdam, Mar 25, 2007.

I want to add a calendar to my website.

I am searching for something easy to use and that can be edited by everyone (after some sort of authentication so that not everybody can just go on and change all dates etc.), but easy to edit, as if it were a wiki. If it has ical etc, even better.

I have considered google calendar, but it doesn't work for me because it can't be edited by everybody and I have to manually give people the permission do edit events, plus there is a limit to users that can edit the events. I could settle for a calendar hosted elsewhere too.

Any idea?

petdam, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  2. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    What is your website built on? If it's a CMS, then we would be able to help better if we knew what it is.

Clive, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  3. petdam

petdam Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I cannot add anything to it. I want something hosted elsewhere, or that I can host someplace else. I want it for my blog, but it's a godaddy blog that I cannot change or add anything to it myself.

petdam, Mar 26, 2007 IP
  4. QiSoftware

QiSoftware Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am a software consultant and developed the Blogger Calendar [java verison]. It is demonstrated on Q's Wire... and my hosting-q blog. I can enhance the code to enable edit of underlying tables, however the calendar would need to be hosted on your domain-- which you indicate is not possible at this time. There are other options.

Another option is to search Google for calendar hosting. I have seen quite a few nice plugins.

Q...

QiSoftware, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  5. rliddle

rliddle Peon

Best Answers:
    rliddle, Apr 3, 2007 IP